Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Vewlix Clone

You should be able to ask for more.

But 1k for a game wizard is a bargain!

The game wizard version is the best of all clones imo... They're JST cabled up.. The remote board is at the front (unlike the other clones) and I believe the bracket on them allows it to be rotated without the need of additional brackets.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It should also have the Jamma JVS IO Board too

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got the vinyl from Carson @noodleshirt today!

f0e6f7d0e1757e7d47f2b8d565245d96.jpg

Since I already had the side decals from him, I knew what to expect for installation

1eec02e7cd8560d3788055af3e45dbd2.jpg

When I did the first attempt, it looked OK initially, but then when I installed the buttons, it was off by a few mm unfortunately :(

badc5796ba0b2b2cf2a825f49ab97fb3.jpg

9e9485dc317f274d2534d5d6ade4e621.jpg

As OCD as I am, I will live with this for a little while, but it sure as hell looks 100 times better than the black and silver (for me anyway)

ba04e0f8882b731eb1d65978932e6148.jpg

My second attempt was much better, not oem perfect, but I am more than happy with the quality and work that Carson put in for me! Thanks heaps

3181bf9db5c2af762429f9ba5339fca8.jpg

So the Chewlix C is pretty much complete!

548a9961fd37e1e09f9ec0373118cadc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy with how my Vewlix has turned out. I rewired it so power comes only off the psu. Next step for me is putting in some nice usb/3.5mm adapters so I can use headphones and also use a hitbox. I'm also looking at installing a playstation and KVM switching between pc and ps4.

47584787_369636673790599_4540014891564456963_n.thumb.jpg.6f177f2cb0a25a892f7ac4bfe9d39539.jpg

By the way does anybody know where you can get a spare of the plastic part where normally the game card reader goes? I want to drill some holes for 24mm buttons to wire up the home button and r3 l3 buttons but I wanted a spare part just in case I want to go stock in the future.

arcade.thumb.jpg.48d82a5686ea498a8636d0fb35629ba7.jpg

Edited by siebz

Nice work @siebz. What does the re-wiring do?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

All the cabinet fans and led lighting now pull power off a molex connection which comes from the pc. Previously I had kept the old power supply that came with the pandoras box which was powering the fans and led lighting too. So I had a power supply for my pc and one for my fans/leds. Now that I've removed the pandoras box one as its no longer needed I have a little bit more space down below.

Also I replaced all the fans in the cabinet with Noctuas and now its basically silent.

All the cabinet fans and led lighting now pull power off a molex connection which comes from the pc. Previously I had kept the old power supply that came with the pandoras box which was powering the fans and led lighting too. So I had a power supply for my pc and one for my fans/leds. Now that I've removed the pandoras box one as its no longer needed I have a little bit more space down below.

Also I replaced all the fans in the cabinet with Noctuas and now its basically silent.

Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

Vewlix Clone

few more things left to do on it. Jvs connectors for the control panel. So it’s interchangeable with the brooks, DC padhack,Ps2 Padhack. White led strips for game marquee and vewlix marquee. Will eventually buy arcade obsesseds labels. Then to do it again with the new ones coming lol. What a hobby we all have.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie ArcadeIMG_1147.thumb.jpg.2618d6e7a1bdcaab2ce27f2953a42a8d.jpgIMG_1148.thumb.jpg.196e2c014e154ee1aed01a6a041047a0.jpgIMG_1149.thumb.jpg.d372221d62743aa60e5dca8bd31aab84.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
How did you go with earthing the cab?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I honestly can’t remember now mate I’ve sold them both but I did fix it that’s right I actually bought another cable and strip the three wires and ran that actually from the Peter chow transformer (chinese equivalent)

IEC input from 240volt mains was already grounded into the cab

Cheers

I might sound a bit dumb here, but hang with me...

I recently got my first candy cab (Sega Astro City) and love it; the space they take up is just right, so I can fit more in my little nerd room.

I've been looking around trying to find more and looking at other stuff (Vewlix etc).

Can you run dedicated JAMMA boards with the Highway Game Wizard Extreme? Is everything actually in there, ready to go?