Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

All the way from Portugal

Hi guys, my name is Tiago, and I'm from Portugal.

My pride and joy is a Naomi universal cabinet that I bought on pretty bad shape, and finisehd fixing recently. I also have a home made cabinet that's currently undergoing a new paint job.

I've joined this Forum to learn from the Australian arcade culture, especially cabinets that were built and sold exclusively in Australia.

;)

Hi Taigo , did you take any photo during your Naomi restoration?

During the 1980s to 1990s there were quite a few Australian cabinet makers , search for LAI or lowboy

:) mikie

We seem to be getting a lot of international users these days. Welcome to the best arcade forum on the net :) Australia was big into making our own cabinets, as shipping stuff over here was so costly, being that we are a long way from everyone. LAI was the largest manufacturer of cabinets in Australia and most of the games we got in the late 80s all the way through the 90s were found in LAI cabinet. The LAI lowboy and LAI fatboy are two uniquely Australian cabinets. I love the fatboys myself.

• 1 year later...

Better late than ever.

These are my finished machines. It's a Naomi that was originally running a Triforce board with Virtua Striker 4, and has been converted to a Naomi 1 with netdimm loader, and a classic 6 button layout. The Namco themed cab is a DIY job (the second attempt), running consoles (PS2, PS3, XBOX).

naomi.thumb.jpg.aa210ac796dcf0c046eb3bb05e0d8dd6.jpg

I've also build a tabletop as a gift for a friend with a cheap OrangePi pc, more than enough to run the classics.

IMG-20180208-WA0000.thumb.jpg.879720db447650d09f0d7a2647b26ba9.jpg

The most recent acquisition was a Portuguese made generic machine. These were sold for owners to be able to add any Jamma board (usually bootlegs) and switch games without buying new cabs. I'm just going to clean this one, rotate the screen 90؛ for vertical shooters, and maybe add some side artwork to break all that blackness.

hyper.thumb.jpg.6394f336fffb05b29509be6d3ead1c7b.jpg

My next project is a Lowboy inspired NeoGeo cab. Does anyone has some measurements for me? :D