Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball- The come & get it Trophy.

Years ago on an airfield not too far away! I used to fly light aircraft & we had a trophy called the "Come & get it" & I'd like to get this going for us gamers open to Arcade & Pinball.

Now the rules, the trophy can not be kept & must be surrendered the moment a caller come to get it. It's simple, get the trophy, log the collection, post a photo & go! Logging shall be on AA so you know where to get it & where it went.

I'll create the first trophy and you need to "Come & get it"! The fun part is it starts somewhere & ends up God knows where!

I'll make the first Trophy & place it at the Oasis Motel in Nhill (the Pinball Museum) on my next visit. The rest is up to the visitors to collect it & get it Far Far away!

Who's in..:lol

Edited by Gemini2544

Now the rules, the trophy can not be kept & must be surrendered the moment a caller come to get it. It's simple, get the trophy, log the collection, post a photo & go! Logging shall be on AA so you know where to get it & where it went.

I really like this idea! I would add one rule: each person who gets the trophy must also add some little tidbit of story or history. Something personal, or some anecdote about pinball, or whatever seems appropriate. Record those little stories. (They don't need to be novels.) Publish that along with the record of where the trophy has been. It could make for a really interesting series of snapshots of pinball arcana over time.

Michi.

Great idea Doug. I look forward to being a caretaker one day hopefully.

We had this teddy bear we got given as an engagement present way back in the last century, that we took on holidays everywhere, even when the kids were growing up and took pictures of it fishing, having a beer, boating, sunbaking by the pool etc.

We got the idea from those garden gnomes that used to travel the world and had their photo taken everywhere.

Edited by Railways
Should have gone to Grammar school

That's whole idea, the trophy gets to travel all over the place & we have a this page on AA to post a photo & write a fun bit about the collections. The trophy we had in my flying days ended up traveling the world, & with AA being international now that too is possible. I expect to have the AA trophy finished today so, it can be picked up either here on the farm or at Oassis Pinball Museum from mid next week.

I've seen this idea before and it was a great success. Variations to this idea was the "trophy" had to appear in photos of interest the holder saw fit and were posted on the forum with a short story and the trophy had a small diary attached to it so all places the trophy went to had a story in the diary so future trophy holders could read through it as well as the pictures on the forum.

There was a lot of post involved in the "trophy" I talk of because it was an international forum but there were pictures and stories from all around the world.

image_101144.thumb.jpg.ecceb6c7882243c691e70991d4206379.jpg image_101145.thumb.jpg.ab60a68f7fa16af1421aa376b82327fd.jpg Come & get it!

Here it is, come & get it... Let the games begin.. It will be at the Oasis Motel in Nhill Victoria (also known as the Nhill Pinball museum) as of Thursday June 8th or collect it from me anytime from now. PM me .

Edited by Gemini2544

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry I didn't deviate over your way Doug. I left fairly late. Two pins across, one pin back. I was bag man for Ryza too, returned with a bunch of RyzaBlades to give to people including dropping some off at Nhill. It coincided with my 92 year old Dad going under the knife to get his pacemaker sorted so he came out the other side looking pretty good. Was good to see him and the rest of the family.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...