Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball- The come & get it Trophy.

All fixed now. Covered in hot glue so should hold a bit better this time.

Looks great, thanks for taking the tie to resurrect it!

Can I take it for a tour around Brisbane before it leaves my hands? Or even a trip to NZ? Maybe I should go back and read the rules.

I think it's perfectly fine to take it to NZ. It's meant to be moving around! :)

Michi.

The rules are you "come & get it". As per the request part, it's supposed to be the person standing at your front door requesting it. Other wise it's going to cost a fortune having it posted everywhere. However if you want it to be posted I guess that's okay provided the requester pays for the postage & packing.

On one hand, we'd be pleased to see the trophy tour the Pincade venues, lots of photo opportunities there! A few of us are going to Illawarra Steelers meet after Pincade so we could return it to Aussie shores if you didn't want to take it back.

On the other hand, it's not exactly "come and get it" but I think touring encompasses the spirit of the trophy.

On one hand, we'd be pleased to see the trophy tour the Pincade venues, lots of photo opportunities there! A few of us are going to Illawarra Steelers meet after Pincade so we could return it to Aussie shores if you didn't want to take it back.

On the other hand, it's not exactly "come and get it" but I think touring encompasses the spirit of the trophy.

I like the idea of it touring also. If Homepin picks it up from NZ and takes it back to China for a tour I am sure he would be able to get it back to Australia at some stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russell (who currently has the trophy) and I had a chat about it tonight. I think one nice touch would be to strap a small notebook (rubber bands) to the trophy. The idea is for people to record where the trophy has been, and to maybe add short anecdotes about anything interesting/unusual/crazy that happened during the trophy's journey.

The other suggestion is to add a sticker with a phone number and email address. "If you don't know what this trophy is for or what to do with it, please call or email…"

If the trophy goes overseas (US, Canada, Europe), we could open threads in the respective pinball forums (Tilt Forums, Pinside, etc.) to alert people to its existence. That would also help to track its whereabouts.

And my thanks to Rusty for jumping into the breech and rescuing an otherwise doomed trophy. That's one industrial-strength repair job! :)

Michi.

• 3 weeks later...