Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Scared stiff wanted to play?

Glenn70

Hi all,

I have only played Scared Stiff once (late last year) in the last 10 years and it's a game I love. When I played it last year, my 7yr old daughter also had a game and she loved it too. She doesn't stop talking about it and seems fascinated by this game. Maybe it the spinning spider, but she keeps asking me to buy one but obviously doesn't realise the cost and how rarely they come up for sale. She plays real well only activating the flippers when needed to hit the ball and respects all pinball machines like they are owned by her dad.

Anyway, if someone knows where we can attend to play one publicly (have checked the 'sited pins' thread but only states one locally at the Great Britain Hotel, Richmond - but that was Jan 2012), that would be greatly appreciated. I am also happy to pay someone cash (amount to be within reason of course or a slab of piss) for my daughter and I to attend someones house (locally to Oakleigh, VIC if possible) to play a few games for 20 mins.

I understand this is a strange request but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you can help.

Thanks heaps, Glenn

I hear you Glenn, I've only played one once and they're rare as, never having seen one for sale in the last few years. Perhaps the virtual version is an option? That's one of the titles I'll own one day as it's a great title too but you know - some one has to sell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this won't help you Glenn, but there is one at the Plumpton Hotel on Richmond Rd Plumpton. Blacktown. Sydney for anyone in that area. I bit run down, but played well a few weeks ago.[emoji41]

The one at the Great Britain should still be there, because it's owned by the pub an been there for years and years, there is also one at the cherry tree in Richmond which is right under the bridge between south Yarra an Richmond station underneath the the rosella wall that's on the train line, sorry I can't remember the name of the street, there is also one at Chelsea Heights hotel, not sure on condition though, I know the other 2 play great. Good luck with your search, love that game.

Thanks guys so far for the replies. Unfortunately I am hardly ever in Sydney but if I do go again, I'll try and locate one there.

A mate of mine (not on AA) also loves SS so much, he was actually considering buying a real nice one off eBay from the US and getting it shipped. But all good in theory until he was made aware of the import tax, customs charges, shipping costs, etc, etc. Was going to cost him close to $14K. There was one that was advertised here on AA last year I believe for under $7 or $8K, other than that, haven't seen one come up for a long time.

I also know where a few are, just sitting there never being used but the owners will never sell.

I was at RTBB recently and there are at least 3 of them lined up there but all sold awaiting full high end rebuilds.

Hopefully I get lucky to play one soon...............

Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

The one at the Great Britain should still be there, because it's owned by the pub an been there for years and years, there is also one at the cherry tree in Richmond which is right under the bridge between south Yarra an Richmond station underneath the the rosella wall that's on the train line, sorry I can't remember the name of the street, there is also one at Chelsea Heights hotel, not sure on condition though, I know the other 2 play great. Good luck with your search, love that game.

Awesome. Thanks heaps. I work in Prahran, so I will shoot across this week or call them tomorrow. Much appreciated.

Hi Glenn. In Brisbane but you are welcome to play mine anytime. I am in the midst of refurbishing one and then the other as I have 2. Basically full restores. The second was for my brother who has now pulled out so mu neighbour may take it now. Also have Elvira which should be finshed soon to play. Just shoot me a pm if you are ever in town. It is my 10yo sons favourite machine.

Hi Glenn. In Brisbane but you are welcome to play mine anytime. I am in the midst of refurbishing one and then the other as I have 2. Basically full restores. The second was for my brother who has now pulled out so mu neighbour may take it now. Also have Elvira which should be finshed soon to play. Just shoot me a pm if you are ever in town. It is my 10yo sons favourite machine.

That's great. Thanks so much for the offer. I will be in Noosa in Nov this year with the family and have agreed with Mrs for her to shop with kids while I attend to play some pins at another AA member's house. If I can sneak away to Brisbane, that would be great too. Will definitely let you know if I can. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Glenn. If you ever get to Auckland, you are welcome to come and play mine. Its an awesome game. Mine is like new.

You are so lucky to have a 'like new' one. Wish I did too. Thanks for the offer. A work colleague just returned from NZ and he absolutely loved it.............reckons its the most welcoming place for kids he has ever been to (along with Fiji). Maybe one day I can get there. Cheers.

There's a fine example in the Balmain Hotel in Sydney as well. With airfares as cheap as they are it might be worth a quick weekender up north. Not just for that machine but if you do a bit of research, Sydney has some great spots with pins of all ages.

Yes, thanks again for your advice. Sydney does sound like the go for a few days away. The Cherry Tree Hotel in Richmond has got one I will play this week, then maybe up to Ringwood/Croydon area when it can be arranged. Thanks again.

The great britain pinball isn't scared stiff anymore, I think it's one of the newer Music themed pinballs now (I went there last year some time). The Cherry Tree is the new place for the people who used to run the Great Britain people so I guess its the same machine.

I like the cherry tree better than great brittan now, better beers on tap and the pinball doesn't get the urine smell wafting up from the toilets like it did at gb's:)

Scared stiff is sited in the sports bar of the Chelsea heights hotel in Vic. They also have a Mario Gottlieb pinball in the kids area of the bistro.

Iron man was at the Great Britain last September.

Oakleigh to Chelsea heights is not too far away.

Thanks guys so far for the replies. Unfortunately I am hardly ever in Sydney but if I do go again, I'll try and locate one there.

A mate of mine (not on AA) also loves SS so much, he was actually considering buying a real nice one off eBay from the US and getting it shipped. But all good in theory until he was made aware of the import tax, customs charges, shipping costs, etc, etc. Was going to cost him close to $14K. There was one that was advertised here on AA last year I believe for under $7 or $8K, other than that, haven't seen one come up for a long time.

I also know where a few are, just sitting there never being used but the owners will never sell.

I was at RTBB recently and there are at least 3 of them lined up there but all sold awaiting full high end rebuilds.

Hopefully I get lucky to play one soon...............

Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome. Thanks heaps. I work in Prahran, so I will shoot across this week or call them tomorrow. Much appreciated.

Glenn - We have one here you can play if you want to travel out to Thomastown.

Played the SS at The Cherry Tree Hotel this arvo while wife ordered some cafe food (not bad either). Didn't play too bad except for the massive left to right lean of the timber floor that has affected the angle of the playfield and the jumping frogs don't jump too high. But, was great to play it again and the kids loved it. Even my 3yr old boy had a couple of games.SS1.thumb.jpg.84e15a58319d0ea7151001feb80a2894.jpgSS2.thumb.jpg.df95c09e8b3acfbc6e6b6cde7bb8d902.jpg

I would still like to play one in better condition with no lean.

Thanks again to all that replied.

Sorry but cannot turn the pics.