Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 32 - RULES - please read page 1 (Nominations are CLOSED)

1377703340_popeyepole.thumb.JPG.0005c8dd5d8c6305bb8b670c8778b10a.JPG

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The distance between the pole and the cabinet is approximately 18 inches.

The distance between the pole and the control panel is 18 inches less however long the control panel juts out.

This isn't a doctored photo.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators
Is this Netherworld some Aussie arcade hang out ? Must be great to have some place local where you can meet and game with fellow AAers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Its not the official hangout, that's what garages are for but its a great venue for Arcade lovers. A few of the mods have invested interests there hence why its mentioned so much :lol but there's no doubt in my mind the MGL gets plugged just as hard at Netherworld.

The MGL has been running on AA almost as long as the site and is an amazing community on its own.

All in good fun!

I was looking forward to a night in the games room with littlebigredbird last night.

I lit the fire in the late afternoon so we would be nice and warm (it is getting to around -4 degrees here overnight at the moment) and turned the games on.

I was planning on a couple of hours grind on Circus Charlie while littlebigredbird sat in the console corner and played the Wii.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113115[/ATTACH]

Just as I was about to start, littlebigredbird asked if she could have a game of Mr. Do! first. How could I say no to two of my favourite things?

One game turned into two and then two into three. Before I knew it we were a couple of hours into an intense Mr. Do! training session. We started off with some basic strategy and point gathering and ended up discussing advanced monster behaviour, working each board for multiple extra letters, perfecting the flickback, using invisible walls, ball behaviour and littlebigredbird starting to develop her own patterns.

Her game is coming along well and was highlighted by getting four diamonds throughout the night. I have trained her to yell 'YES! A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!' every time she gets a diamond just as churgs and I do when we play.

You might think that yelling that phrase after collecting more than one diamond in your life is odd but trust me, it is very satisfying and I highly recommend it. I am glad it is now part of her gameplay.

Needless to say, I didn't get any Circus Charlie play going on but that doesn't matter at all. I love these old games whether I'm playing against you guys or teaching my daughter to try and beat you in the future.

I might try and have a crack at Circus Charlie tonight... or maybe littlebigredbird might like to learn how to make some tasty burgers in Burgertime...

1454594378_consolecorner.JPG.109091d2e57b945a6feb0d927acf83bb.JPG

an intense Mr. Do! training session.

Nice. It's vital to begin Mr. Do! at an early age as she'll have no bad habits that are in need of breaking. Now, of course the grinding sessions must begin. Yes. Yes indeed. Imperative now it is that exhaustive training sessions begin.

aalbrtraining.JPG.5865af3123d998b55cd52ba5c2115877.JPG

I have been inspired by the Circus Charlie creations that @OOO has been making with Lego and decided to have a go at it myself.

Here is my first creation...

2e97d333c67baa3f58f72acc9baed1d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Excellent post ... love the little bird ... what is the other set of blocks? ... :unsure

Only joking ... :lol

A very nice Mr Do! A self portrait no doubt. You can even put a real apple on top of his (your) head.

That's really excellent! A great game too! I'll take a burger, two fries and a coke please ... no pickles!

We don't have Coke, sorry.

We only have burgers (with optional pickles, eggs or hot dogs), ice creams, coffee and French fries.

We don't have Coke, sorry.

We only have burgers (with optional pickles, eggs or hot dogs), ice creams, coffee and French fries.

OK no coke, but do you have a cigar?

- - - Updated - - -

No answer eh?

OK OK OK ... no coke and no cigar. But you have eggs ... hmmm, how many? ... then watch this ...

For all of you Tapper fans that may not tune in to TG, this 24.75 hour long (not a typo) Tapper game was posted a few moments ago. It's quite insane really. I wonder what possesses someone to want to do this? Good for her. She maintained good spirits throughout it appears. I would be super cranky super fast after just a few hours (if that haha).

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/174479-Arcade-Tapper-Points-Marathon-14-000-600-Lauren-Featherstone?p=910064#post910064