Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Australia's Most Expensive Second Hand Car?

$750,000 abouts was paid for a Falcon Phase 3 several years ago. Will The A9X set a new Australian new record for an Aussie car?.

Wow!!! Are you sure that wasn't the Millennium Falcon?

Can't see the point buying this or value . Such a pig to drive -all old cars are pigs to drive . For 750k I'd rather buy a house for an investment

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

could understand if it was peter brock's that he won bathurst in.

they are such a beautiful car. i owned a slr5000 lx running a 327 chev and i sold it around 1984 for $13,000 would love to know where she is now.

This one?

IMG_02141.thumb.jpg.f61405c28fbf671152b50954c57b1b8e.jpg

This one would go for even more I reckon.

IMG_02151.thumb.jpg.c4e884eb3b475f6ba7b82176be004e7a.jpg

Can't see the point buying this or value . Such a pig to drive -all old cars are pigs to drive . For 750k I'd rather buy a house for an investment

You buy it because your heart and old memories tell you too Lou, life is not all about investments ! Mind you my heart has cost me plenty over the years, stupid Heart !

Footnote: My friend brother has on SLR 5000 in its hey day, nice blue color....our hearts loved it ! Then he sold it to use the money to pay for a wedding ! Stupid idiot !

What makes that A9X worth so much is it was a car that actually beat Brock and HRT.

It has never had a motor change. The paint is original as it won the race in as well.

It was built from one of only 9 raw bodies supplied by GM that was acid dipped in the factory to make the body lighter for racing.

All the Brock winning cars have all had parts replaced over the years therefore making then non original race winning cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you have taken the time to actually build a car yourself it is hard to explain exactly what the appeal is such cars are.

It's a bit like, "why own a Harley when a Jap or German bike is quicker".

It is nostalgia. Why does a Harley turn heads but the Jap bike that is superior doesn't.

Why does a A9X Torana turn heads but a Porsche doesn't. Why is the driver of the high performance Euro car perceived as being a wanker where as the A9X driver a true blue Aussie?.

Easy, the Euro car driver usually knows absolutely nothing about cars other than how much he pays others to maintain it for him.

No direct shots intended, just years of observations.

its a risky investment, as

One pushed the million $ mark, but after the muscle car boom it later sold for just under $750k at a massive lost when the market tanked like 1 year later

the investors got into the muscle car scene and inflated prices to crazy levels then it tanked and prices dropped and prices re-adjusted them selves and those who didnt bail at the right time lost allot of money.

this is also happened with guitars and many other collectables, and maybe pinball?

Unless you have taken the time to actually build a car yourself it is hard to explain exactly what the appeal is such cars are.

It is nostalgia. Why does a Harley turn heads but the Jap bike that is superior doesn't.

Why does a A9X Torana turn heads but a Porsche doesn't. Why is the driver of the high performance Euro car perceived as being a wanker where as the A9X driver a true blue Aussie?.

Easy, the Euro car driver usually knows absolutely nothing about cars other than how much he pays others to maintain it for him.

your preaching to the converted here , i could post a photo album of all the cars i’ve built over the years in my hay days

me a mate built a 454 big block capri back in 88 to win the burnout comp at the summernats , the following year me and my brother

put a 429 in a 67 mustang for the burnouts

back then i spent a house on my xa gt coupe until i sold it to build a house

as for the Porsche/Euro car driver Vs aussie muscle car ! most of us have had our fun with old and woke up and see it nothing more then a investment at the right price.

a million for a torana is not it - no matter who drove it

- - - Updated - - -

My friend brother has on SLR 5000 in its hey day, nice blue color....our hearts loved it ! Then he sold it to use the money to pay for a wedding ! Stupid idiot !

you know what they say ? happy wife happy life !

What makes that A9X worth so much is it was a car that actually beat Brock and HRT.

It has never had a motor change. The paint is original as it won the race in as well.

It was built from one of only 9 raw bodies supplied by GM that was acid dipped in the factory to make the body lighter for racing.

All the Brock winning cars have all had parts replaced over the years therefore making then non original race winning cars.

- - - Updated - - -

In the end though it's basically a family sedan. Those questioning it are questioning the price, not the motive to own one. I love old cars too. The reason a family sedan like this is so expensive is because of speculation. Bit like how split window Kombi were starting to hit 6 figures a little while back. It's just a commercial vehicle. Speculators and hipsters pushed the prices up. Pretty sure they aren't hitting six figures now though as I think people are waking up.

Don't get me wrong, A9X is a lovely looking beast. Just personally I don't think it's 'price of a house' lovely looking :D

For ten per cent of that price, you could buy a nice Camaro or fastback Mustang, still turn heads and still enjoy old car goodness.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I would just go modern muscle...purely my opinion of course.

From this...

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o780/Cursed1_/LX%20Torana_zpsp5y90p97.jpg

To this...

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o780/Cursed1_/20141109_123046_zps6449162d.jpg

Just a small age gap there...[emoji38]

The car is "bigger too"... opps

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

• 7 months later...