Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Dark Souls 3

Just venting here really.....after the previous DS games to get the new Fire Fades edition and see that you can still get 'hit' through a stone wall with whatever weapon IMO is fu*ked. Stand too close to a wall and a flaming arrow will take some HP. The game is hard enough as it is. But it still gets my heart racing and makes my skin shiver.

• 1 month later...

Guessing not much interest in this game?

Fu*king Twin Princes, grinded to level 199 and after about 50 more attempts finally whooped 'em.

So satisfying.

Edited by Rich

Guessing not much interest in this game?

I only started Dark Souls 1 late last year (or maybe earlier this year). I only play it occasionally, so I'm progressing fairly slowly (I think I'm nearly half way through maybe a little past that point).

It really does feel good when you finally take down those bosses, though.

The only exception for me so far was the giant wolf boss (Sif) - I couldn't figure out it's moves and kept getting killed. Finally after destroying it I just felt like I wasted time - I didn't really figure out a weak spot, I felt like I just got lucky.

I still wonder if it's a bad boss design or if I'm just too thick to realise the correct way to win...? I guess I could watch some youtube videos, but where's the fun in that!

Sif was in DS2 from memory but yeah he was tough starting out with the 4 smaller 'dogs', took me a while too but I farmed the smaller dogs for their drop. I tried staying underneath Sif and attacking his legs.

If you think you're too thick then that makes two of us @ztdgz :)

Almost finished first run of DS3 except for a couple of bosses but reckon DS2 was a better game and I'm playing DS3 on a PS4, much prefer the XBOX controller, looking forward to the release of the XBOX One X.

Edited by Rich
incompetence on my part :)

Haven't started on DS2 yet - Sif is in 1, I'm playing the "Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition" on PC - with the XBOX controller, which I 100% agree is the better controller :D

The Prepare to Die Edition contains the DLC, which might explain why Sif is in my game?

The DS combat is really refreshing... But it's brutal. The first DS boss (after the tutorial one) took me so long to actually beat. But that was super satisfying to accomplish!

I'm looking forward to getting onto DS2, I've seen some clips and it seems to have some nice additions.

Played all of the Souls games + Bloodborne. If you like Souls, I highly recommend checking out Nioh. It's Souls in Sengoku era Japan and it's awesome. Same combat style, same brutal difficulty.

That really sounds interesting. I don't have a PS4 yet, but if it comes out on PC soon I'll pick it up.

sorry @ztdgz got your username wrong, bit of a tongue twister.

My apologies! I've never thought about it as a tongue twister, but you're right! I may need to rethink this username.

My apologies! I've never thought about it as a tongue twister, but you're right! I may need to rethink this username.

I've known you for years now and still get the d and g in the wrong order at times when tagging you :lol

I've known you for years now and still get the d and g in the wrong order at times when tagging you :lol

So... my user name is the Dark Souls of user names? Brutal difficulty!

Nioh looks to me a bit Final Fantasy which I am a fan of so off to EB I go :D

Do not expect anything even remotely like Final Fantasy. Just think it's exactly like Dark Souls, but instead of a European style medieval theme, it's feudal Japan. Same combat style, same souls collecting mechanic and same level up system. The only thing Nioh lacks is the massive Dark Souls bosses. Nioh still has bosses, but they aren't a patch on Dark Souls.