Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

1957 Dale Engineering the burp gun / crooks saloon / cops and robbers

1957 Dale Engineering the burp gun / crooks saloon / cops and robbers

Well trial number one of my contact arm seems to work pretty well, Keep in mind all steppers and relays are yet to be cleaned so it's sluggish but ever time the red lights on mean it's been hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly no progress on the game but this arrived in the mail yesterday.

An original advertising poster so much money for a piece of paper but I could t let it get away

92613954d90631d7749eafddfef6517d.jpg

Yeah it's in great shape if it was anyone else selling I would t have believed it was real but the back side shows the sides exposed to the elements for 60 years 3242eb5ccd7e77ddac775f9d7f536d1a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I had a little me time the last couple of days and started tackling the cabinet on the crooks saloon it’s all stripped repaired and in its first coat of primer was pretty happy to discover the original artwork under the 50 layers of paint 6137ae1c1ae9610b2a8825c4fb07bd00.jpg656ead305de4dea49de2a51de1dc2e3c.jpg8f889c14cc0330bf9d78f91c5c37e766.jpgb3097cc24b0b7569eace36480fedd736.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Decided I couldn’t wait any longer with the warmer weather slowly leaving use decided to change my plan of attack and paint the target section. Original plan was to strip it to a bare cabinet paint it then re assemble as i restore all the mechs and assemblies but figured paint the cabinet while the weathers nice I can restore assemblies anytime of year and I’m glad i did absolutely perfect weather for my all natural spray booth the heaters and ventilation system ran faultlessly hahaha 96e4393543e766eafcbb917598a7074e.jpg434ed1d331fc20389a9dd74d39e21f4f.jpg1d4c7144436c471de6220916e0284329.jpg099a2054acb065931bdd5388c7a2476f.jpg

Tomorrow I’ll attempt to completely stuff up all of today’s work with the white speckling.

Biggest challenge with this one is it won’t stand up on it’s own being so tall and thin.

I prepped the back of the cabinet then later it flat on the Pinball trolley to access everything that’s seen. Plan is to stand it up tomorrow and hope my very awkward upside down spraying of the edges is good enough to just remove the rear acces door and spray that but won’t find out till tomorrow.

That all depends of o can even move after a full day crouching and bending over sanding in the sun hahahah

I’m glad mikes gone or I’d be killed for the spelling but in my defence it’s was a long hot day sanding and painting in the sun followed by lots of refreshing beverages

Well I didn’t stuff up the splatter so I’m pretty happy. Ive done all I can do externally now until the nickel and stencils come back.

I’ll replace the black tube with the good freshly painted one tonight when my son finishes me work.

Also think I’ll try my local alloy place to see if they have a similar edge trim mine are twisted and bashed to death.

It’s such a big game when assembled lol

42925059f9afbcb272405799db68c100.jpgeb7eebcc36ed815c4765d4acdfd0db49.jpg209fd78b77984ee30775b4a76632ae9c.jpg

Steve your a bad bad man!!!! I don’t need idea hahaha now where’s that credit card. But sadly that would never make it into victoria

In parts they will get in. I used to look after the 30 "Feltman Guns" at Luna Park and got paid to fire 100 rounds through each gun every morning.

Damm good machinery that you tune like a carburetor. Pneumatic operation that you can really fine tune and when you throw 60psi into them, pretty deadly.

My mate was upstairs on the coaster building changing light bulbs on a "light tulip" one day. (about 50 light bulbs on these tulips), and I was downstairs at the back of the workshop fixing one of the guns.

I couldn't help myself and sprayed him and the tulip with a 3 second burst. Man was he pissed. I had to go remove all the broken bulbs from there sockets. Fortunately the shot mainly punched BB sized holes clean through the glass.

As the tulip was powered up so he could see which bulbs were blown and needed changing it looked so spectacular when I shot it.

He's got his revenge many times over the last being when we went Paintballing a couple of months ago and I got shot in the back 6 times from someone on my own team.

He waited till the day was over and we were in the car before he declared he was the one that shot me and said, "remember the tulip".