Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild -WOW!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1460 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    So, what are the must-have Wii U games to check out on this emulator? Anyone have any high recommendations?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    Aside from BOTW, any of the Wii U Nintendo exclusives. Xenoblade Chronicles X apparently runs ok and Tokyo Mirage Sessions runs perfectly by all accounts. Super Mario 3D world is also playable, and that's a cracking game.

To be honest, I played everything I needed to play on Wii U and I just wanted to mess with BOTW in 60fps. Now I need to play the whole damn game again, it's that good.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)
    Super Mario 3D world looks great. I've played most of the Super Mario console versions but never finished any.

I still think Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo is tough to beat as best Mario title ever made. Also gets incredibly challenging deeper into it and if you play it legit on the original console possibly the most frustrating also!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1460 Post(s)
    OK, I'm just kind of gushing about Cemu now, but I got the motion controls working using my PS4 controller. It was as simple as installing a patched version of DS4 Windows and BAM, 100% working with no further tweaking.

How insane is that! I can do the motion shrines now with 100% accuracy, it's just like using the Wii U pad. I simply cannot get over how bloody good this emulator is. It's emulating a game released only 1 year ago and doing so completely perfectly.

What an age we live in!

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I wasn't overly taken with this game. I got bored and gave up on it. Maybe I will go back to it one day.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)
    Another thread revival! So more than a year later, i've got round to installing CEMU and Breath of the Wild, along with the usual Mario suspects for the console, a few nights ago. I'm losing sleep.

Super Mario Land 3D has really got me hooked, it's amazing. The catsuit is brilliant. I've barely begun (World 3) but having a blast. Enjoying DK tropical freeze also.

But Breath of the Wild.... I loaded it up for the first time last night about 930. Started playing, learning the controls, interface, etc. Geeking out at the beautiful graphical touches and art design - the way water drips off your body and slowly dissipates when you emerge from a lake or stream. The way little fragments of rock get dislodged when you are clambering up a rock face, and bounce down away from you. Starting fires. Thought i was getting tired and thirsty (in real life) looked at my phone, arrrgh it was 340am.

I'd been playing for 6 hours straight. and barely even noticed it. Can't remember the last time a game did that to me.

It plays amazing on my (somewhat old now) 970gtx, as do all the other titles I've tried. There is the initial laggy moments when you are playing a game for the first time when it caches shaders, BOTW I have all the graphics packs pre-installed, so it runs perfect. Guess I need to go off and get all the graphics packs for everything now.

So far I'm just using a 360 gamepad for everything. It seems to emulate other stuff well, like the bits in Super Mario Land 3D where you need to blow into the mic to use fan lifts, or use the touchscreen of the emulated wii gamepad to move blocks. I have wiimotes, a USB sensor bar from using Dolphin, so if needs be i'll use them for Cemu too.

PS4 controller is on my shopping list now, so i can use the motion sensing.

Cemu absolutely rocks, it's brilliant.
    Last edited by Jed; 28th September 2019 at 09:35 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information