• Enraged
  • Embarrased
  • Drunk
  • Down
  • Depressed
  • Crying
  • Crazy
  • Cool
  • Cocky
  • Bemused
  • Awesome
  • Annoyed
  • Angry
  • Amused
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 11

    Thread: Vewlix 32 inch LCD problem

    1. #1
      jono's Avatar
      jono is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      State
      Coomera QLD
      Posts
      1,052
      Mentioned
      86 Post(s)
      Quoted
      193 Post(s)
      Australia

      Vewlix 32 inch LCD problem

      Hi Guys, the 32 inch LCD in my Vewlix cabinet isn't working, there are no signs of life whatsoever. I've done the following diagnosis.

      * confirmed voltage to the end of the kettle cord that plugs into the back of the screen
      * reseated the Jamma hardness
      * plugged the vga cable from the gameboard into a separate computer monitor and everything works

      Is there any thing else I can do to to diagnose or fix this problem?

      Assuming there is a problem with the screen what are my next steps? TV repair service? Swap the screen with a LCD TV?
      I have propelled the ball along the proper trajectory and been rewarded

    2. #2
      namastepat's Avatar
      namastepat is online now
      is brewing beer and playing
      arcades.
       
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      State
      Brisbane
      Posts
      5,221
      Mentioned
      127 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1203 Post(s)
      Australia
      Is there a digital adjustment board in the cabinet somewhere? I am not familiar with Viewlix, but my Lindbergh has a digital adjustment board for the monitor inside the control panel.

      If there is an adjustment board, it would be worth hitting some buttons to see if anything happens.

    3. #3
      mckie1's Avatar
      mckie1 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      ----
       

      Join Date
      May 2010
      State
      Melbourne
      Posts
      1,164
      Mentioned
      45 Post(s)
      Quoted
      228 Post(s)
      Australia
      Not sure if you have had a look at this but it shows the buttons for the lcd - http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/File:T...ual_Part_2.pdf
      Hope you can get it fixed.
      Have read that replacement screens are available but very expensive

    4. #4
      channelmaniac's Avatar
      channelmaniac is online now
      is Juggling too many tasks!
       
      Amused
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      State
      Texas
      Posts
      245
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Quoted
      61 Post(s)
      United States
      I've not seen this particular screen before, but have fixed a few different LCDs in my days. Check the power supply and the backlight inverter power board on it for split or leaking caps. Some models of inverter boards will have their transistors short out if the caps go bad. There's either a Picofuse or a surface mount fuse on the inverter board. If it's blown, check the switching transistors on it for shorts, but be cautious of the circuit. You might be reading a bit through the inverting transformers.

      Raymond

    5. #5
      jono's Avatar
      jono is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      State
      Coomera QLD
      Posts
      1,052
      Mentioned
      86 Post(s)
      Quoted
      193 Post(s)
      Australia

      Quote Originally Posted by namastepat View Post
      Is there a digital adjustment board in the cabinet somewhere? I am not familiar with Viewlix, but my Lindbergh has a digital adjustment board for the monitor inside the control panel.

      If there is an adjustment board, it would be worth hitting some buttons to see if anything happens.
      Thanks Pat, found the board above the coin box, unfortunately nothing happened.

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
      I've not seen this particular screen before, but have fixed a few different LCDs in my days. Check the power supply and the backlight inverter power board on it for split or leaking caps. Some models of inverter boards will have their transistors short out if the caps go bad. There's either a Picofuse or a surface mount fuse on the inverter board. If it's blown, check the switching transistors on it for shorts, but be cautious of the circuit. You might be reading a bit through the inverting transformers.

      Raymond
      Thank you. I think I've found the board you are talking about. Will do some investigation later today and report back.
      I have propelled the ball along the proper trajectory and been rewarded

    6. #6
      dragonlee's Avatar
      dragonlee is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Friendly
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      State
      melbourne
      Posts
      5,885
      Mentioned
      207 Post(s)
      Quoted
      874 Post(s)
      Lebanon
      Pm @jono on its way..

    7. #7
      jono's Avatar
      jono is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      State
      Coomera QLD
      Posts
      1,052
      Mentioned
      86 Post(s)
      Quoted
      193 Post(s)
      Australia

      Big thanks the @dragonlee who has help me out with this. Unfortunately it looks like there is an issue with one of the boards. I'm going to replace the monitor with a slimline TV. Will keep you posted.
      I have propelled the ball along the proper trajectory and been rewarded

    8. #8
      OsirusANZ's Avatar
      OsirusANZ is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      State
      Qld
      Posts
      70
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Quoted
      19 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
      Big thanks the @dragonlee who has help me out with this. Unfortunately it looks like there is an issue with one of the boards. I'm going to replace the monitor with a slimline TV. Will keep you posted.
      Hi jono did you ever replace the monitor inside your vewlix?

      Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

    9. #9
      jono's Avatar
      jono is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      State
      Coomera QLD
      Posts
      1,052
      Mentioned
      86 Post(s)
      Quoted
      193 Post(s)
      Australia

      Quote Originally Posted by OsirusANZ View Post
      Hi jono did you ever replace the monitor inside your vewlix?

      Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app
      Yep, all sorted. Swapped it with a second hand 32 LCD TV bought off Gumtree pretty cheaply. It was a pretty easy install that took about an hour. Looks good and works great. Try to find a slimline TV that auto turns on at power up and has a setting so that you can set the default input device on start up. Shot me a PM with your number if you want to chat about this.



      I have propelled the ball along the proper trajectory and been rewarded

    10. #10
      OsirusANZ's Avatar
      OsirusANZ is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      State
      Qld
      Posts
      70
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Quoted
      19 Post(s)
      Australia
      Yeah that looks awesome I got a chewlix and the monitor I thought was 1080p wasn't lol and there is quite a bit of backlight issues.just seeing if it was a massive mission to swap out im looking into getting a led 32in to put in.

      Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •