Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Full Trottle Remastered is out :D

how do these games work and differ from steam ones? do thy use drop box or better than that? i'm interested in getting some of the sierra games (police quest/space quest/king's quest/leisure suit larry) as had fond memories of these as a kid and seem quite cheap now!

• Administrators
how do these games work and differ from steam ones? do thy use drop box or better than that? i'm interested in getting some of the sierra games (police quest/space quest/king's quest/leisure suit larry) as had fond memories of these as a kid and seem quite cheap now!

Everything on GoG is DRM free for starter's. The older games run on Dos box unless they are remastered versions but the HUGE bonus for me is when you buy the oldies you get quality pdf's of the maps, books etc

I was playing Ultima 3 on the Apple 2 last year and bought the game on Gog just for the maps :D I really wish I collected big box games for 8 bit systems back when Ebay was flooded with them :(

Edit: Before you buy anything from steam always check here first https://www.g2a.com/

I've bought several games the last few weeks at a fraction of the price listed on Steam and in AU$

GoG has Saints Row 2 for free at the moment so jump on it (not that I've ever played any of those games).

Just recently bought Thimbleweed Park too, still need the time to play them!

Haven't played that yet, but I have been meaning to. Broken Age is also well worth a play. However, with Breath of the Wild, I don't have time to play anything else :)

I know Sam & Max: Hit the Road wasn't a Schaefer title but based on DotT:RM and Full Throttle Remastered I'd like Double Fine to take a shot at it too.

Edit: Before you buy anything from steam always check here first https://www.g2a.com/

I've bought several games the last few weeks at a fraction of the price listed on Steam and in AU$

I bought from them too a couple years ago before I looked further into it. G2A is Grey Market at best, shady shit goes down from sellers there. Many keys sourced via credit card fraud - that's why they're so cheap, it didn't cost them more than the stolen card list - which ends up costing either the platform or developer not only for the lost sale of the key (if they don't deactivate them) but the chargeback fees on each fraudulent purchase as well - which can devastate indies. Saying that I'm sure there are totally legitimate resales of keys there too. If that's not a problem for you; Great, you do you good sir/madam and get your cheaper game. I can't blame anyone for wanting to save some money.

• Administrators
I know Sam & Max: Hit the Road wasn't a Schaefer title but based on DotT:RM and Full Throttle Remastered I'd like Double Fine to take a shot at it too.

I bought from them too a couple years ago before I looked further into it. G2A is Grey Market at best, shady shit goes down from sellers there. Many keys sourced via credit card fraud - that's why they're so cheap, it didn't cost them more than the stolen card list - which ends up costing either the platform or developer not only for the lost sale of the key (if they don't deactivate them) but the chargeback fees on each fraudulent purchase as well - which can devastate indies. Saying that I'm sure there are totally legitimate resales of keys there too. If that's not a problem for you; Great, you do you good sir/madam and get your cheaper game. I can't blame anyone for wanting to save some money.

I'm sure you're correct however I refuse to buy games from Steam anymore until they have support for the Aussie Dollar, hell even GoG has it. I've only bought from sellers with good feedback and lots of it, I don't believe in ripping people off.

• 3 weeks later...