Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Board Repairs

Ken as an amateur board repairer myself I'm amazed by your setup. Do you do tours?

Are most of these factory test benches or have you made most of them yourself?

Thanks i'm glad you like them , i'm not really a tour guide and am busy most of the time but if you were ever up this way you're welcome to drop in for a quick visit.

Most of them are Factory , a couple of them are home made ( i got them that way but i've added to and modified them to suit my needs)

• 2 months later...

I finally took a picture of the Whitestar fixture i built / modified over Christmas break.

I have been looking for a factory tester for Sega / Stern boards for years and they just don't come up for sale.

Bay Area have had a brand new one on their website for sale for a long time but the price is expensive and i guess that's why it hasn't sold.

Up until now i had an old Starship troopers that i used to test boards in but it took up too much room.

Anyway , i had a spare Wpc field tester i wasn't using , i had a transformer out of an Apollo13 i wrecked a few years back , and Oscar from PinMem was very kind to send me a complete wiring harness out of a Striker Extreme....Thanks Oscar!

Here is the end result and i'm very happy with how it turned out

20180108_145245.jpg

20180108_145245.thumb.jpg.4f4240762483a6d31750c3a8c4e6e58b.jpg

Edited by Skybeaux
  • Like 1

Do you use a testing set of chips for modern test benches like where required in the past?

Nice looking bench by the way.

Almost all of the test fixtures have special test roms for them except the Data East and the Whitestar one i've just built.

For some reason Stern doesn't see a need for a test rom and you just have to use game roms.

I am in contact with a guy in the US who owns a factory Stern Whitestar tester and yep , no special roms for it.....he's contacted Stern and was told there were never any test roms for it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Were there pictures in this thread previously? I feel like there was?

Do you need a Williams test bench faceplate @Skybeaux ? http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/testplate.html

Yeah there were pictures , don't know what's going on there but i'll fix it up in a couple of days if they don't come good.

Thanks for the link but the one on my fixture is pretty good and don't really need a spare.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wanted to give a big shout out to Ken.

He has done a few board repair jobs for me recently and I have nothing but good things to say about his work, prices and turn around time.

Cheers ken, I appreciate you, glad there are still people like you in the hobby.

Matt.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...