Thread: Pinball Board Repairs

State
    Wauchope, midnorth coast NSW
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skybeaux View Post
    Thank Luke , was great to meet you at Pinfest too.
    Still looking for a Sega/Stern Whitestar test fixture ,not holding my breath but always hopeful.
    Possibly a Bally 6803 tester as well , i'm supposed to already have one but i fear somebody has lost it for me.
    Hi Ken, did you end up getting a Bally 6803 tester? The reason i ask is that have a Bally Special Force i just started working on (for myself, not a customers game) that i might need some help with later on!

BTW AWESOME setup you have there!!

State
    Central coast / Newcastle
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pinbologist View Post
    Hi Ken, did you end up getting a Bally 6803 tester? The reason i ask is that have a Bally Special Force i just started working on (for myself, not a customers game) that i might need some help with later on!

BTW AWESOME setup you have there!!
    Hey Mitch , no i haven't got it yet...i'm still waiting on somebody to pack their container in the US and bring it back for me , only been waiting 3 years but i'm a patient person
    I keep getting told "soon" , so as soon as i get it i'll let you know.

State
    Central Coast,NSW
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1955 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skybeaux View Post
    Hey Mitch , no i haven't got it yet...i'm still waiting on somebody to pack their container in the US and bring it back for me , only been waiting 3 years but i'm a patient person
    I keep getting told "soon" , so as soon as i get it i'll let you know.
    Ken mate, your patience is world worthy but let's just call it by the balls. D** has lost it.

Mate you are one of the most easy going people here on AA and always prepared to help all and sundry in post haste time.

It does tick me of on your behalf that you help so many people in this hobby and someone lets you down for a 3 years delivery. From a major identity in OZ no less.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    656 Post(s)
    Still gotta get one of these babies Ken. This is from the RTBB website. Who knows where it is now.

State
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

That looks really nice , i wouldn't mind having that around here but i'm running out of room to put them...lol
    I build a Sega Whitestar one over the Christmas break , i'll get a picture up soon when i finish up a few loose ends.

State
    Sydney, NSW
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)
    Ken as an amateur board repairer myself I'm amazed by your setup. Do you do tours?

Are most of these factory test benches or have you made most of them yourself?

www.afpinball.com

State
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ocyen View Post
    Ken as an amateur board repairer myself I'm amazed by your setup. Do you do tours?

Are most of these factory test benches or have you made most of them yourself?
    Thanks i'm glad you like them , i'm not really a tour guide and am busy most of the time but if you were ever up this way you're welcome to drop in for a quick visit.
    Most of them are Factory , a couple of them are home made ( i got them that way but i've added to and modified them to suit my needs)

State
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

I finally took a picture of the Whitestar fixture i built / modified over Christmas break.
    I have been looking for a factory tester for Sega / Stern boards for years and they just don't come up for sale.
    Bay Area have had a brand new one on their website for sale for a long time but the price is expensive and i guess that's why it hasn't sold.
    Up until now i had an old Starship troopers that i used to test boards in but it took up too much room.

Anyway , i had a spare Wpc field tester i wasn't using , i had a transformer out of an Apollo13 i wrecked a few years back , and Oscar from PinMem was very kind to send me a complete wiring harness out of a Striker Extreme....Thanks Oscar!
    Here is the end result and i'm very happy with how it turned out

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Skybeaux; 15th May 2018 at 06:23 PM.

State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1385 Post(s)
    Do you use a testing set of chips for modern test benches like where required in the past?

Nice looking bench by the way.

State
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Autosteve View Post
    Do you use a testing set of chips for modern test benches like where required in the past?

Nice looking bench by the way.
    Almost all of the test fixtures have special test roms for them except the Data East and the Whitestar one i've just built.
    For some reason Stern doesn't see a need for a test rom and you just have to use game roms.
    I am in contact with a guy in the US who owns a factory Stern Whitestar tester and yep , no special roms for it.....he's contacted Stern and was told there were never any test roms for it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information