Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What pins have been coming thru the Dedshed

Ok.

Back home and parts are in.

Noticed a couple bad bumper bodies, needed new flipper bump stops, changing out the odd bumper lamps and have the colour mini post rubber

36a4599673fb5357dcde028ce3a069f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Back into it.

Mainly wiring being cleaned, lamps and switches re attached.

Coils changed out to correct type and new wrappers.

c357f886f336bda47c7465cb48185b95.jpg

4789188d4624d28bca90094edb34a5fe.jpg

e214bad23e22af3ed0626e9b47a63782.jpg

f2ae860b44fb16375b8b4874702c1aee.jpg

• Like 1

Ideally, the @Railways boys would consider making the inside corner metal pieces for strengthening the cabinets that suit these cabinet protectors?.

If they were made to suit, they could use spacers so as to not allow squashing of the cabinet corner and steel corners both inside and outside the cabinet corner would not only protect the artwork, it would make the cabinet itself near indestructible.

Ideally, the @Railways boys would consider making the inside corner metal pieces for strengthening the cabinets that suit these cabinet protectors?.

If they were made to suit, they could use spacers so as to not allow squashing of the cabinet corner and steel corners both inside and outside the cabinet corner would not only protect the artwork, it would make the cabinet itself near indestructible.

You mean these steel under leg protectors that protect art, or are you talking inside the cab bolt bkts?

• Like 1

You mean these steel under leg protectors that protect art, or are you talking inside the cab bolt bkts?

Both as in a matching pair. Being made specifically as a pair that suit each other enabling you to bolt them together and then bolt the leg to the steel frame that would then be both inside and outside the cabinet. It would make for an extremely strong support for the leg with little impact on the cabinet itself.

At the moment the leg bolts simply go through the wood and attach via a thread in the inner steel plate so all the stresses are on the bolts while the inside plate is always trying to pull through the corner of the cabinet. If however you attach the inside plate to the cabinet protectors on the outside of the cabinet, the result is less stress on the cabinet corner as the load is shared between the metal inside and outside the cabinet.

• 1 month later...

Finally back home after a month away.

Restock of Leds arrived, so next job is to restock my kits.

7c605c63ace19942e98fc2e0370cadb5.jpg

Have a few Addams mods coming soon that I picked up while away.

ba147f58c8a7284a6d93c1807478591a.jpg

Once I’m rested, then it’s going to have to be full steam ahead.

Finish off Addams, then a few more of mine that people want, empty the shed a bit, then onto whatever is next.

• Like 1

Talking wire saddles, I have been looking for cable ties that are common on Taito machines along with normal wire saddles. A normal cable tie but they have a screw mount attached so you can fasten them like a saddle with a screw. They are on EBay but much to my surprise, Bunnings now stock them. Don't get me wrong, I love wire saddles because you can reuse them but there are those times you only want to hold one or two wires and tight enough so the wires won't slide in the saddle. Maybe not for the pinball purist but these things are ideal for holding the wires when only a few wires and not a large loom is needed to be held firmly in place like around the ball trough and flippers....

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/centralcableties/screw-mount-cable-ties-2.gif

http://https://www.bunnings.com.au/smart-home-products-100mm-mounting-cable-tie-25-pack_p4430487

In case that link didn’t work for you...

Cobra 100mm Mounting Cable Tie - 25 Pack I/N: 4430487

https://www.bunnings.com.au/smart-home-products-100mm-mounting-cable-tie-25-pack_p4430487

Finally back home after a month away.

Restock of Leds arrived, so next job is to restock my kits.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190830/7c605c63ace19942e98fc2e0370cadb5.jpg

Have a few Addams mods coming soon that I picked up while away.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190830/ba147f58c8a7284a6d93c1807478591a.jpg

Once I’m rested, then it’s going to have to be full steam ahead.

Finish off Addams, then a few more of mine that people want, empty the shed a bit, then onto whatever is next.

Hi Edy,

Could you post the link to those Addams mods ?

Cheers Doug

Hi Edy,

Could you post the link to those Addams mods ?

Cheers Doug

Nope.

Because I found them in a cupboard of parts where I was working.

Don’t know where or if you can still get them.

Had been looking for that bear and couldn’t find it, only the stupid flat ones.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.

Now Pinfest is done, I’ve had some rest from being away so much, the weather is warming up a bit, time to finish up TAF.

Mods are all in, parts are all in, cab stuff is all in, time to finish installing it all and get the game done.

8c362a2c37b6ed719e85b6369db5094f.jpg

• Like 1

Thought I would start with something easy as I’m still a bit worn out.

Started on the leg plates as the cab had wrinkled badly, felt past the legs makes me shake my head.

4ff696f0341c7e96bb4000b8281b7548.jpg

af41d1c1aad38a144f170520274e9ccb.jpg

f4fc953de3a15affcf92bd23b042a73e.jpg

Fit the plates and trim around

0723405aae558d80d2f6eac2fdbec524.jpg

Then remove as much wrinkles as possible

3c8475bf54f405e9c11cd134f73aeadd.jpg

Also add the large black plastic protectors to cover as much damage as possible, but sitting away from the decal.

8c81d26ef4e221d18994e53e254f3f9b.jpg

89004e576fff3a339c1ef68b481618ae.jpg

• Like 1

Installed new bumper bodies plus colour skirts.

Also ran new wire lamp holders thru bumpers.

Cleaned the wiring and bumper spoons then starting to reinstall.

Assemblies removed for cleaning/ polishing.

1a2c08946e86853fe7efb82da7f02c34.jpg

6a360c0b4781b6c307a607687be33ace.jpg

de89172cf5477cf8c6fcbcad0c1086e1.jpg

74c74c2cc19856804125f20d54069af9.jpg

e0cf201c9cd4904f4cb4e268f26998aa.jpg

• Like 1

Wow looks great [emoji106] did you heat up the wrinkles and flatten them or is that fantastic result just from the leg bracket and plastic covers. My Creech suffers from leg wrinkles and it drives me nuts lol. Great result.

Wow looks great [emoji106] did you heat up the wrinkles and flatten them or is that fantastic result just from the leg bracket and plastic covers. My Creech suffers from leg wrinkles and it drives me nuts lol. Great result.

Heat up and remove wrinkles with squeegee to flatten them.

May need some glue if they get stubborn and there is always some sort of damage left at the edges.

May have to peel back to the wrinkles to get them out and add some glue.

• Like 1

The irony is that sticker did that because the owner thought leaving the legs loose would prevent them from getting damaged, wrong.

As you can see the leg has slipped up the cabinet and that has caused the sticker to get stretched.

I have a Getaway here that was a NIB, operated for 5 years, moved around multiple sites every time legs removed and then reattached and not any signs of stretching in fact there is no signs of damage to the sticker around the legs at all and I can only put that down to the legs being firmly attached each time. Funny, the side art only has signs of wear, (back to the wood), where your fingers go under the flipper buttons.:)