Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Battlegrounds - I am addicted!! Anyone playing?!

Yes, it looks like DayZ will be a more hardcore game then Battlegrounds for sure, if it ever gets finished.

It won't ever be finished, but that's a good thing. I played the original DayZ mod a fair bit and it was a totally incredible experience, like nothing else i've ever imagined in gaming, and the constant updates were a huge part of that. You'd come in one week and the zombies would be going absolutely crazy. Or you'd spend hours sneaking around only to discover the zombies were pretty much deaf and blind that week. The game was buggy and broken and it was better for it, the hacks were hilarious, there were no tutorials and you were never spoon-fed, and all these elements combined to heighten the tension of PvP. My god i wish i could recapture the first few months i spent playing. 6 hours of hiking simulator, of hiding, planning, scraping and starving, dying of hypothermia, bandaging yourself, dodging the glitched zombies, hoping not to break a limb, fiddling with your inventory so you didn't drop stuff, all ended in ten seconds when you ran into another player out of nowhere. If you lived it was glorious, but either way it was like being in a car crash.

One particular review that appeared on the Steam forums kinda captured it - it went something along the lines of: Spent five hours hiking to nowhere trying to find enough food. Got handcuffed by a group of other players, was forced to drink disinfectant and died. 10/10, would play again.

The standalone is a shadow of what it was, in some ways. Everyone knows how to play and the thrill of the new is gone, there's no randomness left. Or not compared to before.

I really should give PUBG a look, that many million players can't be entirely wrong, though if it's got less content and randomness than DayZ i worry i'll be disappointed. Maybe i'll just load up DayZ again at some point :)