Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Star wars the next Stern Table?

Sbaird

There is a thread on pinside that supposedly quotes Steve Ritchie. The ball is intended to fall onto right flipper. Loosening the metal guide and retensioning in a certain order is supposed to fix the issue. Ill try tonight and report back.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why is it when the Death Star ramp is up I hardly hit the shot but when it’s down it hit it all the time. Raaaaaaage!!

oh yeah! especially to SDTM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why is it when the Death Star ramp is up I hardly hit the shot but when it’s down it hit it all the time. Raaaaaaage!!

I know right.... it’s the bloody hardest shot in the game

It sucks more when you drain the ball and you only had 1 shot left to blow up the Death Star, and on the next ball it doesn’t give you the opportunity to try again and you have to wait until the next game

Jaycar $39. If you go bigger, say 10 inch, it stuffs with the factory cut out. Sterns speaker placement isnt an accident. I personally dont think they want anyone throwing in larger speakers. Maybe this is something to do with purchasing future audio line out options from the Stern store. Sneaky buggers :)

They are constantly making it more and more difficult to modify machines.

John, would this speaker be a big improvement for all Stern's over the last 10 years? I've got a few and I'm thinking about doing yr swap.

There was another thread that had something equivalent at dj city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I bought it. If it is the one I am thinking off.

Not very good imo

Yea I bought it. If it is the one I am thinking off.

Not very good imo

Oh really? I was considering getting one. What didn't you like?

Found the thread. Lol you started the thread!!!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/82842-Adding-External-Subwoofer-the-easy-way

So who designs and builds a pinball machine without ANY adjustment on ramps and loops.....STERN!

Pulled apart the horseshoe and there is NO adjustment. I mean, thats amateur hour right there!

I did managed to improve my SDTM issues by loosening the first two screws on the right hand side of the ramp, behind the miniLCD. I gently forced the bottom of the guide to the right and re-tightened. Then gently forced the upper part of the guide to the left and re-tightened. For the most part, it has solved my issue.

If you're going to try this, please be gentle and take your time.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Change Back to 0.89 code for LE/Premium versions.

I updated to 0.92 when it came out and have not had any problems whatsoever, but I have read a few people on Pinside were having problems with node boards and motors dying since the new code came out and I noticed that the new code was taken down from Sterns website.

I sent Stern an email asking if was OK to play my game or should I wait for the issue to be resolved. Chas replied that they removed the code from the website due to reported problems and that I should wait until the new software was released before playing it. He said it would be in a couple of days.

Now I note that the code is back up on the website but only 0.89. So it looks like back to the old code or risk a motor or node board blowing.

Just putting it out there so others can be informed and make their own choice. Stern have said nothing publicly that I can see.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the info Paul.

Ive got over 200 games on 0.92 and no issues.

Only problem is that the death star ramp forks are starting to bend, just like so many others reporting the same issue on pinside.

For a machine in development for 2years (cough cough...lies) these things should not be happening.

Thanks for the info Paul.

Ive got over 200 games on 0.92 and no issues.

Only problem is that the death star ramp forks are starting to bend, just like so many others reporting the same issue on pinside.

For a machine in development for 2years (cough cough...lies) these things should not be happening.

There is some talk that a certain series of shots will make the node board pack it in. Not everyone is having the problem but potentially, they could. I would rather be safe and go back to the old code until they sort it out. Main problem is Stern isn’t publicly telling people, only when asked.

Interesting. One of my node boards in gotle screwed up after the last update for that as well. AMD sent me a new one of course but still.

I’m still on .91 on my swle and was gonna update to .92 this week.

Apparently the problem is also happening with 0.91 which is why they put 0.89 back up on the website.