Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Help with CRT screen issue

Poseidon

Question

Hi AA, so I got my first cab the other day (came with a CRT issue)..

Been doing a lot of reading on here and am trying to troubleshoot the CRT. It looks like it has blue/grey overlaying filter to it (missing red/green?)

Every now and then it will flicker for a fraction of a second and the colours rectify (more so during certain games?) but then back to as like the pics attached.

The tube probably needs a degaussing too but I’m trying to work out what to do about the blue colour issue.

It’s a Mitsubishi tube with a Nanao chassis/yoke. I haven’t checked the bottom of the chassis yet for dry solder joints etc..

Any ideas/leads/tips would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your time! :)

Rgds,

John.

P1030088.jpg

P1030093.jpg

P1030107.jpg

P1030111.jpg

P1030092.jpg

6 answers to this question

Every now and then it will flicker for a fraction of a second and the colours rectify (more so during certain games?) but then back to as like the pics attached.

Any ideas/leads/tips would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your time! :)

Rgds,

John.

Sounds like a cold solder joint on the neck board. Should be a couple of large transistors on the neck board and one of them will probably be the cause. If your real brave, ( and know not to go anywhere near the HT lead), put a mirror in front of the cab, ( usually on a chair so you can get it on the right angle so you can see it's reflection of the screen from behind the machine), and using a "plastic" pen, probe the parts and see what you hit that makes a difference.

Thanks for your tips fellas.

Autosteve, ill chk out the neck board for any dodgy looking solder joints. I attached a pic. I'll try to id the transistors and focus on them.

Moose, I have a wand on order.. Is the other pic ive added showing a disconnected degauss coil? It was like this when i got it..

Will let you know how i go!

Cheers,

John

P1030097.jpg

P1030103.jpg