Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Taxi Display - Alternate Build

I started my Taxi Restore April 2016 and had display issues.

I had a low voltage PinLed display and a standard high voltage original display in the Jackpot window.

PinLed would not provide me with the matching jackpot display for their board. No other supplier had any stock of the Pinscore display set or X-pin displays and Rottendog told me ' we haven't done the Taxi displays for years'

I noticed on the Rottendog Dis 240 main board that they had references to Taxi stamped on the board.

There were no schematics for this board anywhere that I could find and Rottendog were not forthcoming with any assistance. (I'm not complaining, just saying)

image.thumb.jpg.18721e0a906d522c9b1d6e0cb93cd3d2.jpg

The above picture shows the board as it came to me, fully populated. There are instructions on the board describing what components are added or removed for Taxi.

image.thumb.jpg.25e05773e2af7622804e6c806816b42b.jpg

I followed these instructions and populated j6 to connect to a Dis241 jackpot display.

The Dis241 display is not supposed to be used with the Dis240

image.thumb.jpg.00f56c68cd8b081d16006e4d43407cf4.jpg

This partly worked, but only displayed the Jackpot score on the small display but didn't switch to the bonus score.

I then populated the j4 connector which is labelled for Police Force, thinking that if J6 did the Jackpot only then maybe J4 does the bonus score and I would have to find some way to switch or multiplex them. To my surprise with the Dis241 jackpot display connected to J4 the whole system worked.

image.thumb.jpg.29f3a49f07bbbb05f242b2432440d3e3.jpg image.thumb.jpg.7c02d0a4b51a870df427d17a3f732168.jpg

Needless to say, the main Rottendog display has worked properly all along..

Rottendog obviously stopped doing Taxi for some reason but I was desperate at the time and was not sure whether anyone was going to do displays anytime soon, and Rottendog displays are easily obtainable at a reasonable price.

Multiple emails to PinLed led to a dead end.

The Pinscore displays came into stock a few months ago and I bought a set, but was keen to persevere with this little project to see how it would go. The Rottendog setup is now fitted to my Taxi to test for the next month or so :D

• 1 month later...