Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Alice cooper's nightmare castle - spooky #3

Ryza

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa Conway in NZ played mine during the BM recently. Went home bought one and sent it back due to problems. I am fairly sure Dave Peck has one and organized her machine and may be a better one to talk to Regarding ACNC. Unfortunately I am currently not willing to recommend the Aussie importer we used after a most entertaining conversation just 2 weeks back. Left me dumbfounded so I will now deal direct with Spooky regarding any further questions. Why do people assume that when you buy a new machine that you have been a pinball tech for most of your life? Like Midnight Oil...Short Memory, must have a.............Short memory

Good Luck....It is one great Machine IMO.....Especially for a music pin...

FFS

Pull your head in Wayne and look after the customer mate

Far out it's not hard to be decent man, **** !

Ps if its not Wayno then Zax might want to consider acing it up

Far out shit distro's can eat it !

Edited by Ando77
tYpo and pissed off

FFS

what drugs are you on?

did I miss something, acing it up? what are you talking about.

I thought someone was asking where they could play or get one, or how many were in Australia

look after what customer what are you talking about FFS

what drugs are you on?

did I miss something, acing it up? what are you talking about.

I thought someone was asking where they could play or get one, or how many were in Australia

look after what customer what are you talking about FFS

So if you are not the Spooky Aussie Importer being unreasonable to customers, Who is ?

Spookyaustralia has been the importers so far. Dom and Chris from Newcastle. I've had zero issues with them with the last 4 Spooky games I've bought. Rotordave is the NZ importer. Wayne has recently started buying direct from Spooky and bringing in TNA and ACNC I believe. Not sure what @Ando77 is referring too. Rest assured, ACNC is a "different" game than your Stern machines. Plays different, feels different, looks different. THat's why I like it in my collection. Make sure you spend some time on it before buying - takes a bit to get a handle on it but once you work it out, great fun!

https://www.facebook.com/Spooky-Pinball-Australia-335698366444935/

FFS

Crap...This is not what this was about?

I didn't mention a name and for the reason that this is what happens....

Definitely not the guy / guys you mention within....Sorry guys...

RotorDave was mentioned as I was unaware that there was more machines on the way...He is always helpful.

Thanks Dr Chop for also clarifying...

I am gonna leave this alone and deal direct with Spooky and with any luck they will fix any problems that arise...They have only just been given the chance.

Give them a go...And leave the innocent alone

From what I believe SpookyAustralia don’t make a cent off the games. I think... I could be wrong it’s happened once before...

- - - Updated - - -

ACNC is definitely a great game I love going over to my mates place to have a crack. Shots are very tight but it’s a good game with some good call outs :)

So, for all concerned.

I have emailed Spooky after 1pm yesterday...Friday...

I already have a reply regarding all my questions.

I now need to implement them to see if their recommendations work.

Happy for such a quick reply so far....

• Like 1

My apologies Wayne

I need to fact check

I am the goose here

Ando, you gotta give me some of that rum mate you're drinking. But stay off the forum when you're on it, lol.

I saw Bill last night and we had a good chat about that rum and how I missed out.

Sorry, off topic. :)

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Spookyaustralia has been the importers so far. Dom and Chris from Newcastle. I've had zero issues with them with the last 4 Spooky games I've bought. Rotordave is the NZ importer. Wayne has recently started buying direct from Spooky and bringing in TNA and ACNC I believe. Not sure what @Ando77 is referring too. Rest assured, ACNC is a "different" game than your Stern machines. Plays different, feels different, looks different. THat's why I like it in my collection. Make sure you spend some time on it before buying - takes a bit to get a handle on it but once you work it out, great fun!

https://www.facebook.com/Spooky-Pinball-Australia-335698366444935/

Agree with needing to play it before you buy. I don't like the game, but have only had limited game time. What I really don't like is the lighting or lack of. Very dark playfield and cannot be played in a dark room imo

My apologies Wayne

I need to fact check

I am the goose here

No problems. I am not the Distributor, I buy them from Spooky at Retail and ship them in for my customers as the official Distributor is not registered for GST.

I support the games I Sell to my customers, I am also happy to assist any Spooky customers if I can help, I will.

Some of my customers don't want to send money overseas and prefer to deal with someone local, PS I even invited Charlie over to Flipout at my expense to help promote pinball, he is busy with the next game but might come next year.

• 6 months later...

played this at last years infest and had a chance again the other day. This seriously is a game to consider and fun to play. Rumours are new code soon that will see it become an ever better

playing game ? spooky's best so far

• Like 1

Lisa Conway in NZ played mine during the BM recently. Went home bought one and sent it back due to problems. I am fairly sure Dave Peck has one and organized her machine and may be a better one to talk to...

Only just saw this - I don’t get on Aussie Arcade much.

From memory, there are 6x ACNC in NZ that I helped bring in.

Lisa purchased a used one from the original owner.

When it arrived at her house in Christchurch, it would lose track of the balls.

I assisted via email but the original guy offered to take it back, which was a nice thing to do.

In the end - the problem was the guy had a bad batch of pinballs and they’d gone magnetic, and were sticking together in the ball trough. When this happens, the machine doesn’t know where the balls are. Same as any pin.

I discovered this when I was playing in a tournament at his house in Wellington - his AFM was also playing up, I took the balls out to fix it for him and noticed the balls stuck together when I put them on the lockbar of the neighbouring pin. This is a pretty common issue, I’ve had it myself before.

Recently we also replaced an opto switch in the game (after a years ownership)

I think there are now around 20 Spookies here - so far here are the problems I know of, which Spooky sent me parts for:

1/ a slightly cracked plastic protector on a RZ on delivery

2/ a bad servo on an RZ after 6 mths.

2/ the opto as per above

I’ve got 4 Spookies myself. They’ve proved to be very reliable machines. I’ve done a few tweaks here and there as you’d do with any pin. Haven’t had to rebuild entire assemblies as I’ve had to do with other manufacturers pins though! (cough cough..). ;)

Dave.

• Like 3

No problems. I am not the Distributor, I buy them from Spooky at Retail and ship them in for my customers as the official Distributor is not registered for GST.

I support the games I Sell to my customers, I am also happy to assist any Spooky customers if I can help, I will.

Some of my customers don't want to send money overseas and prefer to deal with someone local, PS I even invited Charlie over to Flipout at my expense to help promote pinball, he is busy with the next game but might come next year.

Excellent to hear....We may be in contact...

• Like 1

Yep new code very soon, and great game to play.

Howdy John, please let me know when you see the code....I still can't do any tests and certain things that should be in the menu....are not....:unsure

Only just saw this - I don’t get on Aussie Arcade much.

From memory, there are 6x ACNC in NZ that I helped bring in.

Lisa purchased a used one from the original owner.

When it arrived at her house in Christchurch, it would lose track of the balls.

I assisted via email but the original guy offered to take it back, which was a nice thing to do.

In the end - the problem was the guy had a bad batch of pinballs and they’d gone magnetic, and were sticking together in the ball trough. When this happens, the machine doesn’t know where the balls are. Same as any pin.

I discovered this when I was playing in a tournament at his house in Wellington - his AFM was also playing up, I took the balls out to fix it for him and noticed the balls stuck together when I put them on the lockbar of the neighbouring pin. This is a pretty common issue, I’ve had it myself before.

Recently we also replaced an opto switch in the game (after a years ownership)

I think there are now around 20 Spookies here - so far here are the problems I know of, which Spooky sent me parts for:

1/ a slightly cracked plastic protector on a RZ on delivery

2/ a bad servo on an RZ after 6 mths.

2/ the opto as per above

I’ve got 4 Spookies myself. They’ve proved to be very reliable machines. I’ve done a few tweaks here and there as you’d do with any pin. Haven’t had to rebuild entire assemblies as I’ve had to do with other manufacturers pins though! (cough cough..). ;)

Dave.

Hey Dave, which Opto did you need to replace?

Sorry to come all the way to your joint only to have ACNC fail on my 2nd comp game.....Was winning.....Did lose......Alice bit me again.....Where is my head

Hey Dave, which Opto did you need to replace?

Sorry to come all the way to your joint only to have ACNC fail on my 2nd comp game.....Was winning.....Did lose......Alice bit me again.....Where is my head

The Crypt opto. They use mostly WPC parts so we had some on hand.

My personal game - I test the beta code for Spooky so now and again a bug will pop up.

If you message me your email address, I can send you the latest code update link, it’s nice and stable.

I know there is a big update in the works, I’m waiting to get some code to test.

rd