Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Blow Fast or Slow? (Williams WPC F115 Fuse) ( Williams part number 5730-09797-00)

LAP

Question

If I look in 5 or 6 Williams WPC machine manuals the F115 (+12V Switch Matrix) fuse with part number 5730-09797-00 is a 30mm (3AG) 250V 3/4A fuse but it is not clear if it is a Fast or Slow blow ....

T2, TAF, FT, INDI => have F115 (part number 5730-09797-00) as Slow Blow

ToM => have F115 (part number 5730-09797-00) as Fast Blow

Marco has it as a Fast Blow

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=5730-09797-00+

Pinball Spare Parts Australia has it as a Slow Blow

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/fuse-3-4amp3ag.html

Is it possible that Williams have the same part number for different machines with different characteristics?

So should just follow the manual and not be pedantic ?

6 answers to this question

should just follow the manual and not be pedantic ?

basic guide..

use slow blow for coils. ( inductive loads)

use whatever you like for the rest.

the pspa ones are literally from the tubs of NOS Williams fuses. the Marco suggestion of a fastblow fuse as a valid replacment for that part is quite valid too.

coils need slow blow.. the rest dont really matter a lot.

And while we are talking fuses in a T2... the F101 & F102 fuse (part number 5730-09128-00) are 30mm (3AG) 250V 2.5A Slow Blow...

A T2 I was looking at on the weekend had 3A fuse instead of 2.5A is that the end of the world??

not really ideal but lets say the standard load is 1.8A .. its still going to blow with a fault that leads to 5A or 8A or whatever.

reality is that its only an issue if your fault current is 2.6-2.9A etc.. not ideal but it will get you home if you're playing in the desert lol

Last Fuse Question for the Day...

On the WPC Power Driver Board F114 Fuse (part number 5730-09071-00) which is listed as a 30mm (3AG) 32V 8A Normal Blow....

Does it matter if you used a 30mm (3AG) 250V 8A Normal Blow fuse instead?

I use 3/4 amp fast-blo for F115

I work on a lot of boards and you can tell when a fuse is the original one that came with the board.

I pull fuses out to re-tension the clips and F115 is always a fast-blo unless it's been replaced by someone.