Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Power supply for Namco 256

oldbyte

Question

Hi Guys, I want to hook up a Namco 256 system to a cab with an 32 " LCD screen. I have read they are very power hungry and will not run on a standard 15/16 amp arcade power supply. The cab is currently running a Taito X2 without any problems, but the Taito runs directly to 240v whereas the Namco 256 powers through the Jamma harness ( via a Capcom I/O board) or can go JVS with an adapter. I have taken a pic of the power supply with the specs and I think it has JVS plugs (to the left). Any suggestions would be great as I don't want to blow everything up. cheers

DSC02190.JPG

2 answers to this question

I've run them off a normal arcade PSU on the workbench before without an issue. You certainly won't kill it in any case, it'll just not work, or act up if it has issues with it.

It may well very from game to game anyway, depending on the load on the system they generate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest you download manuals for system 246/256 and check power requirements

I used to run system 246 off standard 15amp supply with no problems

You may need to get Namco jamma i/o to run it? i think the power plug is different?