Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MCA joystick gets stuck when push down

graf

Question

I have a MCA joystick and when I press it to go down it sometimes gets stuck. I used WD40 but the problem has come back. Would it be best to replace the microswitch ? If so do I need to get one with a longer switch level on it ?

5 answers to this question

WD40 is used to clean stuff. I'm told the army uses it to dry wet metal (Water Displacement). It's not a lubricant!

I stopped using it since I wrecked a fifty years old machine (a big print-press severall years ago) by using it the wrong way.

After you get things loose using WD40, always clean things throughout and use the specified lubricant to keep things working as they should. I didn't replace the WD40 last time an relied on the lubrication of it, but after it evaporates there is no lubrication. The owner of the print-press called me after a few months with the complain the machine was making a lot of noise. It seemed the sliding bearings got grinded. Using the right lubricant after this made the machine work silent again, but not as smooth before.

This is might be why your problem recurs.

I have a MCA joystick and when I press it to go down it sometimes gets stuck. I used WD40 but the problem has come back. Would it be best to replace the microswitch ? If so do I need to get one with a longer switch level on it ?

I don't have a MCA joystick myself, but I have many other kinds of joysticks im my machines.

You should never use WD40, oil or other lubricants on joysticks (except for a few older types). Theyre supposed to be dry.

If I have a joystick that don't work proberly, then I take it apart, wipe away all the dust, wash all the parts with dish soap (not the micro switches :) ), dry all part and put the joystick back together.