Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

MGL 31 - Game 2 ~ Pac-man ~ [FINISHED]

Toru Iwatani eating challenge

MGL 31 - Game 2 ~ Pac-man

Nominated by gamers: churgs and Mameshane

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: Either the 'puckman' or 'pacman' ROM is acceptable; no other ROM is allowed.

Game Story:
    A yellow, pie-shaped character named Pac-Man runs along inside a maze, eating dots as it avoids four ghosts. Each ghost has its own unique personality and gobbling one of the four super dots makes Pac-Man invincible to the ghosts for a given period of time. Each maze has its own unique bonus fruit or object with bonus points increasing as the game progresses.

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.
    This game finishes Sunday 26 March 2017, 7pm Sydney time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed.
    Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 Ghostly dangers!

Last edited by OOO; 30th March 2017 at 03:13 PM.

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    I know nothing of WolfMAME, are the ROMs different?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
    I know nothing of WolfMAME, are the ROMs different?
    From the nominations thread ...

The WolfMAME version 0.106 is highly recommended, however any later version can be used. Only the version 0.106 ROM set will be posted for each game and the equivalent for other MAME versions can be used.

Hope this helps ...

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)
    Bugger Pt 2 - played this at NW this arvo also and scored 39k, could have had the first two scores up already

No probs, might try a game tonight or tomorrow.

2 Games from @Mameshane - how much money did you say you gave to OOO?

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post
    From the nominations thread ...

The WolfMAME version 0.106 is highly recommended, however any later version can be used. Only the version 0.106 ROM set will be posted for each game and the equivalent for other MAME versions can be used.

Hope this helps ...
    I read that but when the OP on this thread said "no other ROM allowed" I misunderstood it.

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)

Just had a quick game before dinner.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    715 Post(s)
    The first two games in MGL.

Two games that I like and are absolute classics but I absolutely stink at.

I can see OOO telling me to HTFU (in the nicest possible way) and play (which I will) but I've tried to learn both of these games and while I'll do what I can I'll say right now bring on game three.

Let me also admit that there's a fair bit of beer floating around the system right now.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)
    Kicking MGL 31 right off with two of the all-time classics.... is there anyone on earth that doesn't know these games?

I've never played Pac-Man with 5 lives before.. should be interesting..

I first played Pac-Man when I was in about the 3rd grade. There was a small store up the street from my school where as kids we would go to buy the little red swedish fish and jolly rancher candies. To this day, those candies bring me back to that time. This is where the Pac-Man was - which was later replaced with a Ms. Pac-Man when that came out. There were no arcades yet in town, just this one store that sold candy and had a Pac-Man machine. I was to be forever hooked.
    As Pac-Man became the phenomenon that it did, I started buying/collecting Pac-Man stickers for 25 cents a pack. There was one sticker that had Pac-Man looking back as if showing his ass that said "Kiss My Pac-Man" (see my avatar)- this interpretation was pretty racy to a bunch of 3rd and 4th graders. I began selling the harder to find stickers for 10 cents each and the "Kiss My Pac-Man" one for 20 cents. I was later called in to the Principal's office and reprimanded for selling these stickers. To this day, I don't think I did anything wrong - I just took advantage of a market opportunity!

On another note - I actually had a Pac-Man bedspread/blanket back in the day... I also still have an original Pac-Man "diary" book.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)
    Here are a couple pictures of the vintage PAC-Man diary. Note the 1980 copyright on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information