Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 31 - Game 1 ~ Donkey Kong ~ [FINISHED]

He sure is! And the 3rd Australian to Killscreen the game, tied with the Kiwis :o

;)

Well there is still another 6 days to go for Donkey Kong in MGL31 ... so there is still time for someone else to score higher, or Mameshane to improve on his score!

- - - Updated - - -

Day 11 ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/DK7_zpsfetd9qcd.png http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGL31_DK_7_zpsdhd3kadv.png

6 days to go ...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just rewatched the end of @Mameshane's game on his TG submission - I still can not believe you went fire fox hunting on the wrong side of the screen on 21-6 so that you'd get 900k instead of just guaranteeing your first KS - you are a friggin' mad man Shane! I'd take a 899,900 KS over a 900k non-KS any day of the week. The confidence you showed in doing this means you are more than capable of higher things on DK.

The KS monkey is off your back now, keep at it and you'll be the first Aussie to break 1mil officially.

I did hear a rumor that the best DK player in Australia was attending Netherworld this weekend, but I wasn't 100% sure if it was just an email rumour - but now that I know the best player is coming because he has already booked in to stay with us a month ago. Get out those dark shades Shane, @OOO is gonna want you on film.

I'll do a Molly here - everyone, do yourself a favor and watch the recording here: http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/168197-Arcade-Donkey-Kong-Points-Hammer-Allowed-901-400-Shane-Sawle - the machine is 100% legit, I've played on it, I've close up recorded it - should be an easy yes vote on TG to get you subission points..

Trying to contain myself, four days to go - looking forward to meeting some DK legends and learning a lot.

@kane - gave your spring stage tips a go this morning. Didn't have too much time, and was playing on the laptop in the car - but it does give me some hope - even aftering dying twice. Will keep at it and maybe one day.... I do like your approach more than what I was trying to learn to do,

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm. Need this printed post haste on a shirt for the NW event - want to see Allen's face when Shane walks in wearing this :lol

- - - Updated - - -

DKF - the authority on DK high scores.....

53 - 901,400 Shane Sawle 03/19/2017 Arcade TG (pending), Twitch

53rd on the list of nearly 500 players is massive.

Just rewatched the end of @Mameshane's game on his TG submission - I still can not believe you went fire fox hunting on the wrong side of the screen on 21-6 so that you'd get 900k instead of just guaranteeing your first KS - you are a friggin' mad man Shane!

I thought the same when I watched the stream... "Oh no! What are you doing??? Wrong way! Wrong way! WRONG WAY!

Especially as that was how Shane's last death was (way back at 400kish). That was very brave/stupid/confident/risky/committed at that point in the game.

... gave your spring stage tips a go this morning. Didn't have too much time, and was playing on the laptop in the car -

That is dedication John. I hope you get to your own killscreen some day.

Hi Everyone,

Game submissions for Donkey Kong is now closed.

I am at Netherworld arcade in Brisbane right now and Barra has set the no.2 world record on Galaga arcade!!

I will update the scoreboard on Wednesday when I get back to Sydney.

The event at Netherworld was terrific and I will post a thread about the excitement and all the AA characters I had the pleasure to meet there by next weekend (so many photos and video to go through)

:)

Finally back from a fun time at Netherworld in Brisbane.

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/DKFinal_zps8wqoqmq0.png

Quite a difficult game to start off MGL31, where anything over 100K is a good achievement …

RMacauley and churgs break the 100K zone, terencew almost makes the 150K zone, bigredbird a little further ahead on 161K …

Then Blackflag82 and John73 score a close 229K and 224K respectively, xelnia on 238K just behind magrinder on 259K …

DaLar scores late a much improved 475K, kane scores early a 569K … Barra scores a great 872K …

Mameshane plays the best Donkey Kong of his life, streams the game, hits the game winning 901,400, gets a kill screen and becomes the no.1 gamer in Australia on Donkey Kong ... :041:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGL31_DK_9_zpshjld4b2p.png

Congratulations to Mameshane for winning Game 1 with some masterful barrel jumping and crazy game play …

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGL31Winner_zpsulhu10rk.png

Hammerin’ Harry and Moon Patrol are currently in play … so plenty to play for in Game 3 and Game 4 …

PS: I'll have a lot more to post for you on the Netherworld odyssey this weekend!

:)

Lucky there is no sports betting on the MGL, cause I would have lost the house putting it all on Barra to win - though I know he had other things occupying his time when this game was still in play.

Congrats @Mameshane, fantastic score and privileged that I got to watch it live.

Lucky there is no sports betting on the MGL, cause I would have lost the house putting it all on Barra to win - though I know he had other things occupying his time when this game was still in play.

Congrats @Mameshane, fantastic score and privileged that I got to watch it live.

I probably would have lost that bet too hahah

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

damn..why is it whenever one of these starts and I forget about it, you always have some of my favorite games that I end up missing

:unsure :realmad:

guess I have no chance of catching up now :cry

The early bird catches the worm.

The late worm misses the early bird.

You are either a bird or a worm ... :lol