Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 31 - RULES - read page 1 (Nominations are CLOSED)

Thanks John, if I had a genuine PCB I would consider it, but it does take a lot of planning, time and energy to do well.

To make an attempt for over 49 hours is very difficult. The Nibbler marathon world record of 1,231,372,670 set by Rick Carter took 53 hours. George Lutz took just under 85 hours for the Q*bert marathon world record. Kim may take the time further for Gyruss, so I hope he can achieve it.

I wonder why that is? TG was accepting scores in 2014.

Yes, at the end I had to kill them off so I could enter my initials and then end the inp recording.

I don't know the answer to this question, but it is a very important question that needs to be answered if you go for the Gyruss marathon world record.

If you sacrifice your ships to take a break, you only get 8 seconds for each ship lost. So a 15 minute break would take 113 ships. That could be a disaster as you would not have that many ships to sacrifice without seriously affecting your attempt. You get about 38 seconds for a bonus stage, so I used the bonus stage sometimes to walk away from the controls and get a water or food, eat and/or stretch. 38 seconds is not enough time for a pit stop without making a mess ... :lol. So getting time off from Gyruss during the marathon is a huge challenge.

Thanks for all the answers.

Why Kim's score was never submitted is a mystery - I will get onto Johnny on FB and ask him if he knows at some stage - he is apparently one hell of a BnJ player as well, tried my best to get him to start playing it without luck.

Playing a game for 2+ days is completely insane, even 1 day or 12 hours is insane in my mind. I watched a fair chunk of Victor's MC marathon, a fair bit of Kim's Gyruss Marathon, but not much if any of George's Q*Bert marathon - can't remember Victor's MC attempt that well now as it was a few years ago now, but leaving that out, I consider Kim's Gyruss attempt the most impressive compared to Nibbler & Q*Bert. Both of those games are pretty forgiving if you build up lives and give you a half decent rest if you want it - as you have pointed out, Gyruss doesn't afford a marathon player any real break - even building up lives to give to 15 minutes off is not nearly long enough to take a power nap.

If you are set up right (e.g. a bucket beside the machine) 38 seconds should be long enough to make a pit stop for number 1's :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic