Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Has anyone made USB E Brake for Driving Sims (preferably PS4)

Has anyone here attempted this mod or similar?:

I'm wondering if this e brake will work on a ps4 if plugged in via usb because apparently the Thrustmaster TH8A Gear Shifter can now be used as a hand brake IF plugged in via usb straight to the ps4:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=833867440076274&substory_index=0&id=186029474860077

I see in the above youtube vid that the arduino is tested in windows and is assigned what buttons are what. I wonder if you assign the appropriate buttons for ps4 will it 'just work' when plugged into a PS4????

I may attempt the above build, then if it doesn't work, buy the TH8A.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated :unsure?

Yep, emailed the guy yesterday and he also said it's not for a ps4, but said his other mod is:

I also found this one but it's pretty expensive, but nice!:

This guy's currently testing it with ps4 as they've had issues. He said he'll get back to me in a month or so when they sort it out.

Only just now watched the videos... first one uses my suggestion of hacking the wheel and wiring direct

second one uses the Brook Fight Board, which is a programmable multi controller board compatible with the PS4

If you only play racing games, I would just tap into a button on the wheel, however if you also use your PS4 to play fighting games etc, the Brook board can also be used to program combos to a specific button combination ;)

I ended up just buying the Thrustmaster TH8A Gear Shifter. If you plug it into the PS4 via usb, then you can assign it as a handbrake (using the other cable to plug it into the Thrustmaster base won't let you use it as a handbrake, it has to be via usb straight into the PS4).

It works in the following games:

Sebastian Loeb Rally

Dirt Rally

WRC 6

Project Cars - only works in automatic mode (see below)

Doesn't work in:

Assetto Corsa - no button re-assigning in that game

Project Cars - only works in auto mode cause using the shift up to brake is assigned in the game as R1 so you can't use the paddles which are also R1/R2 at the same time.

Don't have any other car games atm to try it in.

• 2 weeks later...

2nd TH8A arrived and setup.

Pic01.thumb.jpg.22c2199fd3a4ede3fa19c4e8c1d14133.jpgPic02.thumb.jpg.7d8c3ed0908275ac26c22779c4aa0929.jpg

Hand brake is plugged into USB of PS4. Sequential shift is plugged into Thrusmaster base, but technically you can have 3 TH8A's all plugged into USB for 1 x handbrake, 1 x sequential shift and 1 x H pattern shift... technically...

What a difference not having to press O (or reassigned to SW's R3) with your thumb while trying to turn into a hairpin.

If you're into rally driving (on a PS4) and own a thrustmaster setup, 2 TH8A's is the way to go.

Oh and using the VR wasn't an issue with pulling the wrong lever. You quickly get adjusted to the difference.

• 10 months later...
2nd TH8A arrived and setup.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]107709[/ATTACH]

Hand brake is plugged into USB of PS4. Sequential shift is plugged into Thrusmaster base, but technically you can have 3 TH8A's all plugged into USB for 1 x handbrake, 1 x sequential shift and 1 x H pattern shift... technically...

What a difference not having to press O (or reassigned to SW's R3) with your thumb while trying to turn into a hairpin.

If you're into rally driving (on a PS4) and own a thrustmaster setup, 2 TH8A's is the way to go.

Oh and using the VR wasn't an issue with pulling the wrong lever. You quickly get adjusted to the difference.

For anyone interested, I was just looking and the Thrustmaster website and they have a new Handbrake available where they've teamed up with Sparco to bring us this:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tss-handbrake-sparco-mod

I have not yet confirmed that you can use a 2nd one as a sequential shifter, but if so, my 2 x TH8A's above could be replaced by 2 of these... Unfortunately for me though, this new handbrake is only available for PC.

Bad news for PS4 owners. Thrustmaster just got back to me about the Sparco handbrake and said that they have no official info at this time to the possibility of making the Sparco handbrake compatible with the PS4, or if they'll ever launch a similar product that's compatible with the PS4.

That' didn't sound definite to me... so there's still a small chance :p... I wish!

Not sure what car you've got but they run practice days at Calder through vicdrift

You'd have a ball

Nope, not with my current car ;). My old Honda CRX, definitely!! But unfortunately I don't have it anymore.

Went to one of these many many years ago at Calder with another mate who had a fully tricked out CRX with roll cage and all the go fast bits. I didn't get to drive but watching him was good enough.

And yes he had a ball.