Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinburgh 2017...... Anyone going?

TheLawso

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All done for 2017. I've got tons of pics and videos of the whole thing so I'll put together a little YouTube clip when I get back. Sadly, got shoved out of the finals for the Intergalactic comp by people playing well after midnight (qualifying closed at 1:30am) and was too busy playing dollar games against Bowen Kerins and Steve Bowden. Actually won one of them - and lost about 5- the fact Bowen was playing one handed was cool to watch!

Dollars covering the WHO looping shot - hence the stance

148d0257625ace8050965afca89fcbe9.jpg

Bowen, Steve and Jessica from The Pinball Podcast.

94d6acf6698da192c03c68301cd44b94.jpg

Hanging with the Flippin boys

edbfd219dd7c5f9a1160bea8352234a1.jpg

Jack Danger - really nice guy.

0268aa0cd77ca7a45c78c020acad3c66.jpg

Bowen and Orin - Orin was the programmer for Sega games and some DE/Sterns. Big list of games such as X files, Batman Forever, Guns and Roses. Had one round of comp with him - good player too.

34122e9c9a8e2dddc601bf70153ca766.jpg

It's a great experience being here. 796 players of great quality and very friendly atmosphere. Jetlag is a killer in the middle of the day, so arrival a couple of days earlier would be helpful. 1000 players scheduled for next year - not sure of the date yet because they are shifting it around a bit. I'd estimate 70% of the games I played I had never played before which is a lot of fun but tricky to compete. Luckily only 50% of the comp is on DMD games (half split between modern and early) so you don't need great tactics for half the time - just keeping the ball in play is all it's about.

Great to hang with Brett and Anthony here - Brett making A division was excellent and for Anthony it was his FIRST pinball comp - what a way to start. His son Josh is a fantastic player and would have done well if his jet-lagged brain didn't make him miss a round by falling asleep during the first day.

Catch you all back home soon and I'll put a link up for the YouTube thing when I put it together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Emily and I added this to our You Tube page if anyone is interested in Pinburgh next year. Just basically a walk-through of the place and what you need to survive tons of pinball and no sleep! Sorry about the snotty head - that time of season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm planning on going again next year. Replay FX tickets and Pinburgh comp entries on sale Saturday 2nd Dec 11am Eastern time (2am Sunday morning here) With the event being held 26th to the 29th July 2018.

No word on Discounted hotels yet.

With return airfares to Pittsburgh going for about $1500 for that time of year.

I'm planning on going again next year. Replay FX tickets and Pinburgh comp entries on sale Saturday 2nd Dec 11am Eastern time (2am Sunday morning here)

Note that "here" means Queensland time. In places with daylight savings time, it's 3:00 am.

Michi.

• 2 weeks later...