Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Issue with TAF

WOKA

Question

• Super Moderator

Issue with Addams Family

On power-up it displays Check Fuse F114 and F115 (they are tested as ok)

After a period of time it’ll give the BONG BONG BONG Error, that’ll clear and it’ll go into attract mode. I can’t start a game. A little while longer all flippers will start flipping erratically. If I hold down a flipper button they will stop, release and they continue.

Turn off.. Jiggle connector J101 – try again and all seems to be fine. Have 3 good games, walk away for a while and the flippers start flipping out again.

Repeat all of the above – and now I can’t start a game, can’t get into the menus, nothing.

The machine has been playing up for a while now, and simply by doing a re-seat of connectors, would allow me to play a game, but now it’s at the point of needing repair.

It’s beyond me, so I’ll just send the board off to Ken, but any insight as to what / why would be good..

TIA.!

2 answers to this question

Re-flow all the pin connections on the board would be a good first step, most likely. Seems like it's basically working, but failing intermittently. You say that the behaviour changes every time you fiddle with the connectors, which suggests a problem with the header on the board, or maybe the connector on the cable.

Michi.

Agree that it sounds like a connection issue, particularly if it worked after moving the connector. Pin corrosion, damaged connector/wiring???

Have you checked the voltages in its current state for 18V and 12V?

Have a read of this, it tells you a few things to test for with the fuse error and it may or may not help. http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Check_fuses_F114_and_F115_message

There have also been other causes mentioned. Ensure CPU is socketed firmly, U20 may be faulty, may have corroded tracks.