Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New Power supply for Nintendo cabs

-Slayer-

Question

Hi everyone, have a couple of questions in regards to installing a new power supply in a Nintendo cab, I am looking to build a DK cabinet in the near future, using original pcb with a mike's arcade Nintendo to jamma board, now my questions are:

1) do I only need to get a new power supply that has the extra -5v connection to supply power to the board without a transformer? (pretty sure that was only for the monitor?)

2) if so when I convert over an old CRT monitor will that just run a separate power supply?

Thanks heaps guys.

9 answers to this question

1. The PSU running off 240v should be OK. (unless the PCB also requires an -12v rail, which modern supplies don't have)

If it does require -12v, a PC supply would be needed.

2. A CRT monitor should be supplied power via an isolation transformer.

Thanks for that, if I was to convert an old crt monitor I could do without the transformer right?

Also when I got the board I was told to make sure to get a PSU with -5v, I have talked to a sponsor on here who can provide that :)

Edited by -Slayer-

Thanks for that, if I was to convert an old crt monitor I could do without the transformer right?

Also when I got the board I was told to make sure to get a PSU with -12v, I have talked to a sponsor on here who can provide that :)

My power supply doesnt have a -12 and it works fine for me..

It does need a -5v though

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Yeah run crt monitor. looks great :)

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

I plan to run a crt monitor but will probably be an old tv converted unless I can some how stumble across an original one :)