Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sinbad SS coin mech upgrade

Hi everyone,

I have a wonderful 1978 SS Sinbad pinball machine that I am going to put in my bar in the Adelaide CBD. I currently have a 91 Williams Hurricane in there but it's time for a change.

I am going to replace one of the 2 x $20 coin mechs that are a bit dodgy and put a $1 coin mech on it instead. I think for an SS Sinbad it is fair to charge $1 for three credits considering most pinny's these days are $1 for one credit!

Does any one know how to wire up a new mech in an old machine and if it is possible?

FYI I have a Rotten Dog power supply board, a Pascal CPU & the original power driver board.

Any advice would be great!

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Hi everyone,

I have a wonderful 1978 SS Sinbad pinball machine that I am going to put in my bar in the Adelaide CBD. I currently have a 91 Williams Hurricane in there but it's time for a change.

I am going to replace one of the 2 x $20 coin mechs that are a bit dodgy and put a $1 coin mech on it instead. I think for an SS Sinbad it is fair to charge $1 for three credits considering most pinny's these days are $1 for one credit!

Does any one know how to wire up a new mech in an old machine and if it is possible?

FYI I have a Rotten Dog power supply board, a Pascal CPU & the original power driver board.

Any advice would be great!

Cheers.

Can't you use a roll down mech?

You should be able to find a $1 coin mech that'll clip straight into the coin door.. no need to change anything the machine.

In the past when i some of my games sited in pubs/shops i'd actually modified 20c mechs to accept $1 coins, though its a LOT of fart arseing around to do it as it involved reshaping the cradle that catches the coin and changing its counter weight.

the manual has all the switches you need to change over.

SW19 -> on if you want to make both chutes the 'same'.

SW1,2,3,4 -> off, off, on , off is 1 coin 3 credits

if you buy rolldowns make sure 10c wont trigger them

Thanks everyone!

Wiredoug, cheers for the settings. I reckon I can set them electronically in the Pascal menu. One thing I struggled to find was how to set up the machine so it wasn't on free play, I'll work on that.

Would this do the job?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PINBALL-ARCADE-MACHINE-1-00-COIN-MECH-LQQK-/222310739015?hash=item33c2c0ac47:g:crQAAOSwmLlX6R~W

Sinbad SS coin mech upgrade

Just saw this!

The bar is called "The Jade" and is at 160 Flinders st, Adelaide. We're in the manse of the old St Pauls Church.

When I've got the baby in place I'll let you all know! The Hurricane is there but needs a bit of a fix as the fan belt for the Ferris wheel just broke!