Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Free video editing software, advice pls?

Looking for something free, and easy to use.

Going to have two video files shot from two different cameras, I wan't to combine them into one video so that Video A is on the left and video B is on the right. One will be a close up, and the other will be a wide shot.

Is there anything that can easily do this?

Not entirely sure how I'll sync the two videos, probably just do a near enough is good enough approach of hitting the record buttons at the same time on the two camcorders.

Any suggestions?

I'll go Google it, but I know someone on AA probably already has the knowledge to point me to one of the better solutions :D

Cheers

I dont use video editors but i use DAW's allot for music recording.

But A mate of mine uses Davinci resolve, as he does video Editing for music video's for some of the stuff we have recorded, apparently thats a pretty good free video editor, but there is so many that are good.

Problem sovlered. One of the guys doing the recording has all the software and has experience in using it (unlike me who would have to google every little thing to make it work). Not sure what software he uses, but I'll ask him :) Video editing is greatly helped by a beefy machine capable of handling video also, which I do not have.

I know you say the problem is solved but I thought I'd post in here in case others are looking for an answer.

I haven't used this yet, however Lightworks (https://www.lwks.com/) has a free version with a renewable 7 day license (whatever that means, I think it just means you need to enter your username and password every 7 days) and was used to edit films such as Wolf of Wall Street and Pulp Fiction.

Another option would be to look at a PortableApps version of Wondershare Filmora

If you didn't need two video sources, then Windows Movie Maker is actually pretty good and easy to use.