Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

A few of my old rifle games

riflegames1.jpg.efd82fc2cd2673dcf8e1c68d2282eafd.jpg

riflegames2.jpg.ffebca882b3e0e4657ae69e2790d2ba3.jpg

riflegames3.jpg.965b3a0cd2de1bbbc4832bf7c34182a2.jpg

Ever since I was a young kid I have been fascinated by amusement games. I loved all coin-op games and it didn't take long for my brother and I to realise that we may as have people put money in our machines rather than the other way around. We ran our business for many years and it gave us access to many pieces for our own collections too. Twenty years ago we were one of the largest sellers of pinballs into homes. Our ads in the Trading Post and Yellow Pages brought in plenty of calls for us to both operate equipment and for us to buy old mostly non-working machines.

I loved rifle games especially so started grabbing them where we could find them. Chicago Coin was my preferred manufacturer, but I also bought Williams and other brands. From time to time as I dig up more shots, I'll post a few so you can see what was around 20 - 30 years ago. I'll also post some pinball shots and jukes too in other threads, as we had plenty of all of them over the years.

The Bonanza Rifle was the only game that I ever broke a back glass on. The bottom rail rusted and swelled and it cracked the glass (tip; keep cats away from games!)

Most of the gun games in these shots can be identified, but the juke peaking at the left is a Seeburg Marauder. It was our workshop machine and back-up juke due to its small size. More than once we thought a juke was dead on site and we wouldn't be able to fix it so loaded the Seeburg; always at the last minute we sorted the problem. (tip: NSM jukes are fine until they aren't!)

The pinball on the right is a Stern Memory Lane. A very nice game with a mirror back glass. We may have had more than one of these over the years. Stern made some very nice games back then, including even having some assembled in Australia (Cosmic Princess etc). Some of these games made good money on site more than a decade after they were made.

Thanks for your comments guys!

I don't own all of them today as these shots are over 20 years old. Most of them we bought for between $150 and $400 back then, mostly from other operators who'd pull them out of their storage or a location like an old caravan park. One came from the Lake Wendoree kiosk in Ballarat, a few were pulled out of factories as well. I can't recall buying a single gun game from a home; hardly anyone had them as home games back then. That is probably why so few survived.

these are amazing photos..thanks so much for taking the time to post them up..yep they are pretty cool and i can understand your fascination with them.

i'm off in a few weeks to look at a pretty large stash of mechanical gun games from the 1950s to the mid 1970's so will see what is there and report back.

looking at buying these:

[video=youtube;KrPSpf-ltKo]