Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VP10 and nudging - i need advice ?

Jed

Question

as great as vp10 is, i miss VP9's nudge a lot. it really helped an average player like me have good games, longer play, and less drains.

i'm finding playing vp10 tables can be incredibly frustrating and arse-kicking, without the ability to nudge to save a drain.

I only have nudge buttons at the moment in my cab, which for vp10, are next to useless for a decent nudge.

i'm interested in hearing from players who have implemented a good nudge system in their cab for vp10 play. either hardware encoders / physical nudge, what settings to use for button nudging, and the like.

Cheers.

@Jed are you also using a analogue plunger with this controller ok?

I'm currently using one of the boards like ozistick sell, but I set it up myself, the extra feel of the analogue nudge was awesome on VP9.

I've found the vp9 to VP10 difference to be awful. I haven't tried to tune it yet, as I'm building my new cab 6months+ & counting :blink: 32" play field unit to a wide body 43" play field cab.:)

What does "dead zone mean"?

@Jed are you also using a analogue plunger with this controller ok?

I'm currently using one of the boards like ozistick sell, but I set it up myself, the extra feel of the analogue nudge was awesome on VP9.

I've found the vp9 to VP10 difference to be awful. I haven't tried to tune it yet, as I'm building my new cab 6months+ & counting :blink: 32" play field unit to a wide body 43" play field cab.:)

What does "dead zone mean"?

I haven't tried the analogue nudge in vp9 yet, been having too much fun with longer ball times in VP10! I'll probably check it out sometime this weekend. I have a digital plunger, no real plans to change as yet, it does the job for me, I can still get skill shots etc.

"Dead Zone" is how much nudge the system will allow before activating. So the higher the deadzone, the more physical effort you would have to put in to get a nudge. So for i'm finding 5% is about right, some people have lower % but again much depends on what you are using. I've found the sidewinder to be really sensitive, getting it mounted square was something of a bitch!

Thank @Jed, I set mine to 5% and it's actually pretty good. I'll try the tuning table too

I've been getting so physical with my machine, i've had to move everything off the top of the headbox i had there, it all kept falling off like BANG onto the playfield glass :D

Lol @Jed that's why my light-up pack man ghost topper has "extra strong" double sided tape holding it down on my vpin.

I have a free standing "Big Boy" on my Austin powers pin and it fell off during trashing game and hit the play field glass and scare $hit out of me....

recieved my sidewinder today, enabled it in vpx, but now i cant use the digital button to plunge the ball. is there a setting to disable to the plunger?

I have a chinese joystick encoder that i am using for the buttons as well as plunging.

in VP9 it works fine, i can press the button to plunge and it winds back the plunger on screen. but in vpx it automatically shoots the ball half way up the ramp as soon as you press the plunge button

recieved my sidewinder today, enabled it in vpx, but now i cant use the digital button to plunge the ball. is there a setting to disable to the plunger?

I have a chinese joystick encoder that i am using for the buttons as well as plunging.

in VP9 it works fine, i can press the button to plunge and it winds back the plunger on screen. but in vpx it automatically shoots the ball half way up the ramp as soon as you press the plunge button

hmmm, weird. I have a digital plunger too, but it's a dedicated microswitch/ipac2 hardware plunger type thing, don't have any issues using it with the sidewinder.

have you tried removing and re-adding the plunger button in vpx/keys ?