Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Bop 2.0

Jed

Apologies if there is already a thread for this, I know it's been around a while... I did a search, but couldn't find anything.

Has anyone had experience with this upgrade kit for BOP ?

I was In on this at the very beginning, as BOP is (was) my first and favourite pin. It got me back into pinball as it's the one the missus and I used to play in the local bowling lanes back in the 90's.

Long story short - pulled out due to too many issues and delays with Dutch Pinball. Glad to see that they finally got a good product out the door, but by the time they did, the Aussie $ had gone from basic parity with the $US, to something not so good.

So, very expensive to buy and import now.

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably buy it at a more reasonable price. Especially as you can still play the original game through emulation.

I haven't heard of anyone on AA who has one installed, but could be wrong? :unsure

Mike.

Edited by mix_vt_cal
Spelling - doh!

The upgrade is not available at the moment. Cointaker were stocking it and taking pre-orders, but not at the moment (I checked with them 2 days ago). It would be the best part of $3K to buy as said above, so double the price of the game, but may be worth it if you are a lover.

I installed one a couple of years ago for a guy who had one. Quite easy to do, and a good upgrade imo. Code wasn't complete from memory, so the face didn't move.

Things like the skill shot, and multi ball were well done. And it was really easy to switch between the original code and the 2.0.

Still quite an expensive investment though, even back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys, mate has just picked up a BOP a couple weeks ago and had heard about the upgrade kit...but $3k, ouch! Might as well buy another SS for that money and keep the bop original. Does look like a really sweet kit though.

Bop 2.0

I left a deposit on the 3rd run of this early this year. It was meant to be ready for shipping mid year.

I have emailed Melissa from cointaker a few times who says it should be in stock soon. I'm waiting patiently.

Possibly TBL has slowed production

Also have a restored playfield from @Savage to go in once it arrives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...