Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PC Engine Duo R - run button not working

Hey guys, so yesterday I was playing my Duo R, daughter ran past and tripped on the controller cable and the console came crashing to the ground. Not good, but it was an accident.

Anyway, now no matter what I try, the "RUN" button and "UP" direction does not register on any controller. I've checked the port and there appears to be no damage. I checked the controller that was plugged in when the accident happened and there are no bent pins. I'm wondering if any other directions are also not registering. The "DOWN" direction works within the Everdrive menu and so does the button to access menus and the "SELECT" button also loads the last flashed ROM on the card.

I've given the console a slight shake and i can't hear anything loose in the console which is good, I guess. I need to get a tool to open it up and have a closer look but wondering if anyone can provide any input as to what the problem may be. The fact that no controller registers "RUN" or "UP" would lead me to assume it's a problem with the pad port or something on the motherboard.

Any ideas? Can these things be easily fixed or is the console done for?

Most likely the controller port on the console, may needa resolder. Quite common for them to need repair even under normal use.

This is what I am thinking too. I take it this is fairly simple thing to do? Someone else said to check continuity between the controller traces to the motherboard. So maybe need to run a small wire or two as well.