Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

RC tanks anyone?

The price has gotten substantially cheaper and more options available over the years.

Tempting distraction from gaming. Plus Youtube has a tonne of videos of them in action.

Does anyone here have any RC tanks? If so, what is your experience?

I was looking at the Heng Long series.

They seem to be the best priced especially against Tamiya. They also seem to have upgrade potential with better tracks etc.

Are they quality products or just cheap chinese crap?

When I'm back in Adelaide later this week I'll check what brand mine are, but I think they may be Heng Long - that name sounds very familiar. (although last year I was looking at tanks again as I was thinking of replacing my 3 tank with ones with 2.4ghz systems so that we can have more than 3 running at a time, so I may recognise that brand name from my research last year)....

What ever brand mine may be, mine are one of those rare to find good quality Chinese brands - almost 15yrs of driving through dirt, puddles, plant matter and no issues with the tanks.

Sounds great please let me know :)

All the Heng Long 1/16 tanks seem to be going down the 2.4ghz as standard. Probably so you can run multiple tanks at once cheaper.

I just like that they seem accessible at a budget price with a variety of tank eras covered.

I had always wanted the old Tamiya ones, but could never stomach how much they were.

I bought my first car cheaper then the cost of the kit for one! :rolleyes