Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

STM32f4 discovery manufacturer fault...

Wasn't sure the best place to post this but here goes.

I have purchased a few different batches of these from several different vendors. The first and second lot worked as they should although ths second lot were apparently "clones" from the original spec with a much later boot image. After some reading apparently this will now be the norm as they are no longer made by ST. Both came in the blister packs I was expecting from photos on ths ST site.

The last batch did not have blister packs, the board layout was similar enough. The mini USB worked fine to upload the boot image.

The micro USB is backwards, if you look at the USB connector specs you will see that this will reverse the supply polarity.. 5v to ground. Yes the board smoked up, luckily the current limit worked on my PC USB port. Not happy Jan! The micro USB on the 'originals' is physically upside down, the USB on the newer ones is not, but the pad layout is the same in both causing the pin reversal.

Informed ebay supplier so they might pass it on to other purchasers, I highly doubt they will.

I guess we are all aware you don't always get what you expect from ebay, just be careful.

also possible the factory dumped them as rejects and the seller got them cheap from the person who then swiped them from the rubbish bin...

then sell on ebay "my friend said they ok, just little bit usb issue, very cheap, good price for you"