Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

2 dead one fighting for life

Bad p plate accident outside of bathurst yesterday morning, 2 dead at scene and driver in hospital, p platers coming back from party, all doing HSC atm. So sad to see this type of thing happening, dont know the exact cause but speed looks to be a factor.

From day dot ive always decided to get my kids a car when they get thier licence for this reason, id prefer to have my kids driving instead of sitting in back seat, two of my three have a car, the other one will get one when shes old enough, cars are cheap nowadays and you can get a good one, it gives me piece of mind knowing they are behind the wheel.

Cheers

Just because one is behind the wheel doesn't necessarily mean they are safer. So many variables contribute to the end result. Speed is one factor but with youth today texting is just as deadly as is drugs and drink driving whether they are drivers or passengers.

In the last week, I've seen 3 different P plate male drivers driving like absolute morons. Two of them obviously mates, flying down the freeway swerving in and out of peak hour traffic, one trying to keep up with the other. I'm trying to remember if I drove like a tool when I was that age, I don't think I did.

The P plate drivers, males especially, are the most aggressive drivers on the road that I've noticed recently. And the female P plate drivers aren't much better, tailgating seems to be a hobby of theirs. You'd think having a P plate and limited points to play with they'd be more careful, but they don't seem to care. Limited police vehicles on the road doesn't help curb their activity, the majority of cop cars I see are parked in safe, no crash area's revenue raising for the government. :rolleyes

Very sad to hear:(. I have two daughters that are now in their middle/late twenties now and are a lot more aware now of the responsibilities of driving a car and the respect you should show of being on the road these days. They use the M1 (F3) freeway a lot as do we and I've always told them to treat the freeway like the surf at the beach - Turn your back on it or become complacent about it and it will bit you on the arse big time- thankfully they survived the early days.

I have three main reasons in my head of why these sorts of accidents are happening more frequently and it chills me to the bone. Laugh at them if you will;

1- I agree with @hotty above and texting is running rampant while driving and I don't think the fines are anywhere near steep enough.

2- Fuddy duddy yes but video games like Need for Speed etc. and movies like Fast and Furious pumped into the young adult and they seem to think they can do that too - wrong:x

3- General lack of respect for other road users resulting in road rage also at epidemic levels- doesn't anyone just enjoy driving just for the sake of driving any more???

I commuted on the M1( F3) for years and I learnt a lot of self awareness about looking out for the dickhead who couldn't give a shit.

I do not understand why driver education is not mandatory as a lesson in a high school curriculum as it is a life essential tool these days.

A good majority of Dads who have kids here will always worry as I do but you try your best to guide them. My girls have lost two good friends in separate accidents which just shouldn't have happened so they realise the fragility of life.

I can say I never drove dangerously or recklessly. Like every new driver I had my share of moments of poor judgement or lack of concentration.

My old man was a cop. When we lived in a 2 man station I remember the Torana that was brought into the rear holding yard (read the back yard of the police house where we lived). Front window on driver side had a big hole in it and top of steering wheel bend forward. Blood all down the bonnet. Teenage driver got pissed (under aged) and drove without a seatbelt. Argued with a tree on the Moonta to Kadina road. Got semi ejected, halfway onto the bonnet and died at the scene.

Was the second death message my father delivered to the same family within a few years. His older brother also got killed while speeding.

I was about 12 and I never forgot it. I sometimes think a few more lives might be saved if repeat driving offenders were taken to the scene of a fatal accident or the post mortems.

I can say I never drove dangerously or recklessly. Like every new driver I had my share of moments of poor judgement or lack of concentration.

My old man was a cop. When we lived in a 2 man station I remember the Torana that was brought into the rear holding yard (read the back yard of the police house where we lived). Front window on driver side had a big hole in it and top of steering wheel bend forward. Blood all down the bonnet. Teenage driver got pissed (under aged) and drove without a seatbelt. Argued with a tree on the Moonta to Kadina road. Got semi ejected, halfway onto the bonnet and died at the scene.

Was the second death message my father delivered to the same family within a few years. His older brother also got killed while speeding.

I was about 12 and I never forgot it. I sometimes think a few more lives might be saved if repeat driving offenders were taken to the scene of a fatal accident or the post mortems.

Your avatar pic shows your a good driver and always keep your eyes on the road:)