Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

AFMr Claytons Announcement...

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another couple of comments from Rick @ PPS

Game will be an an location somewhere around the Chicagoland area in a few days ... this will be a mostly stripped down game, as some of the features we are waiting for promo pictures, etc and want to save somethings for a full reveal with documentation, etc.

Not sure what day and where, just had a heads up from Chicago Gaming that it will be out sometime soon

Some guesses there will be 3 models, one just like the original, then 2 more with increasing levels of bling... I'll take whatever I can get my hands on honestly.

Good Grief not another pinball that has versions....

So we have the original, and then 3 different remakes of the same pin?

Good Grief not another pinball that has versions....

So we have the original, and then 3 different remakes of the same pin?

Yep I've gotta agree. What's wrong with just making one proper machine at the one price. It would actually reduce there production costs.

One day people will realise paying a couple of thousand more for what costs a couple of hundred for them to supply is a waste of money.

I could understand if they were making huge numbers of these machines because then it makes business sense to offer different levels but on such low numbers, definitely not.

Yep I've gotta agree. What's wrong with just making one proper machine at the one price. It would actually reduce there production costs.

One day people will realise paying a couple of thousand more for what costs a couple of hundred for them to supply is a waste of money.

I could understand if they were making huge numbers of these machines because then it makes business sense to offer different levels but on such low numbers, definitely not.

Just on this point re value for money. I'm no car expert but the price diff between a base model commodore and a calais, wouldn't this be a similar situation or maybe in the case of gb/got pro and prem a base commodore and a statesman?. People do pay and want this kind of choice

They seem to know their market Steve.

I agree and wish we just had one option but they are selling so i guess that makes the NIB buyers the culprits........and then me :redface who buys them second hand when the code is complete and the price (hopefully :unsure) has come down.

@JOKERPOKER is onto it in his comment.

Steve, look at the amount of quality and code issues Stern have and people are still flocking to buy them and at huge prices.

That day of realisation isn't coming.

How do you make an expensive product be perceived as good value? Dropping the price doesn't help as there is still nothing to compare to and it kills your margin, the smart thing to do is make another product, that is the same but with some bells and whistles, and charge more for this one. This brackets the core/original product price point, and sells more of them as they are now perceived to be better value against the same but more expensive alternative.

Good, Better, Best scenario, its sales/marketing 101. Theres a whole science to it.

Pro - Premium - LE . The LE's with their token additions are there just to make the Premiums look like the standard/value machine to buy.

Last I looked it was hard to find a premium anything NIB ;)

• 2 weeks later...

on the information i have Chicago gaming has only ordered parts for 20 games to be built for the distributors 1 game was supposed to be on site in chicago over a week ago still no word

Im keen on one of these but with CGC now building it and their total lack of communication i will be suprised if it gets delivered this year theres always hope though

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The rumor mill is over.

Chicago Gaming has unveiled Attack from Mars (remake) and they have landed in Dallas, Texas at the AMOA Show.

Game will be available in three distinct models:

- Classic Edition: Faithful to the original. Standard sized LCD Green Display, can be upgraded to Color Display for additional fee. All LED lighting throughout machine. Enhanced sound system. Stainless steel cabinet trim.

Shaker motor can be added at additional cost.

Includes 6 month electronics warranty & 3 month mechanical warranty.

- Special Edition: Extra Large LCD Color Display, Metallic Saucers, Tri-color LED on main saucer, stainless steel cabinet trim. Multicolored backbox speakers. Shaker Motor included.

Includes 12 month electronics warranty & 6 month mechanical warranty

- Limited Edition (500 units)

Extra Large LCD Color Display, Metallic Saucers, Tri-color LEDs on all saucers, Martian Green cabinet trim. Cabinet mirror blades. Multicolored backbox speakers. Shaker Motor included. Custom designed Interactive mechanical Martian topper designed by Doug Watson. Martian moves up and down. His eyes light up and multicolored Leds around topper.

Includes 24 month electronics warranty & 12 month mechanical warranty.

Pricing will be announced within the next week.

AFM.thumb.jpg.e8ba440694252280f6491e2e0a68744e.jpg