Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Data East TMNT Slingshot problem *SOLVED*

Snoz

Question

Hi,

I have been slowing fixing faults with my TMNT and I have a problem now where the left slingshot solenoid operates every time I press the left flipper, also I tested the slingshot performance by rolling the ball into it and it is very unresponsive and needs a lot of force to activate the kicker solenoid, compared to the right one.

It might be a coincidence and I'm not 100% sure but I think this problem happened after I installed a rebuild kit in both of the flippers. The left flipper was the 1st one I did and I had a bit of trouble with getting the old sleeve out and the new sleeve back in, this was the 1st time I have ever done this and the right hand flipper was really easy after I worked out the correct way from doing the left one.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Will replacing the diodes on the flipper coil and slingshot switches help?

Cheers,

Andrew.

Edited by Snoz

6 answers to this question

Had this exact problem on a Baywatch on the weekend. Every time the right flipper was pressed the right slingshot fired as well.

Turned out one of the slingshot switches was adjusted wrong and was touching. Adjusting the switch fixed the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy way to test, take off the glass and thump your palm on the playfield to create vibrations. If the slingshot fires, the switches are too close. Take off the rubber and then bend the switch back, put the rubber back on and test the gap between the switch contacts. They should be around 2-3mm apart in most cases. Far enough to not make contact through vibrations, but close enough to make contact when the ball hits them.

• Administrators
You need to also check the inner blade (middle) which is used to separate the outer contact with the inner and acts kinds like a spring and is kind of hard to see. If its pushed too far forward and making contact with the inner blade you will get the same thing.

Solved.

You guys are awesome.... it was what you all said, the lower switch was pressed together and I had to separate it by putting a screwdriver between the blades and bending them.

I would of struggled to find that.

Cheers.

:)