Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

No audio output on PGA Tour Golf (GLOBAL VR)

cobra

Question

I picked up two PGA Tour Golf cabinets (Global VR Pentium 4 PC based game) and am trying to get them working again.

I've got the PC's running and the game plays fine on both cabinets.

The problem I have is that there is no audio output on either machine. The audio comes directly off the motherboard. I've tested the cabinets and both amplifiers work when fed a signal. I've plugged earbuds into the speaker outputs on both computers and there is nothing. Looking in Device Manager in Windows XP, there is a warning against the AC97 Realtek audio device. It reports 'This device cannot start (Code 10)' - which I looked up and found was a generic catch-all sort of error so not helpful at all. I tried updating the drivers on one computer which failed for one reason or another - just said there were missing files but not which ones. Just seems weird that the audio should fail on both computers (although neither has been switched on for many years). Perhaps it was a weak point on the TEAN TN2.94V mother boards. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem on any Global VR PC-based game and how to resolve it?

I guess I could always plug in a simple PCI sound card to avoid using the motherboard outputs but just want to make sure there is no simple trick I'm missing.

Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

4 answers to this question

Hi Cobra, you could check that the audio hardware is enabled in the bios if you haven't already. Otherwise, you could try the recovery CDs to reinstall the OS and drivers.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys..I checked the BIOS and AC97 Audio was enabled. No errors on the hard drive either. I did find that the CMOS battery was flat so the BIOS is resetting itself each time I cold start it. I'll replace the battery tomorrow and see what happens as I did find some people reporting weird stuff happening (including no sound) when the battery was dead.

Well I replaced the CMOS battery on the motherboard but still no sound. At least it doesn't go to default BIOS settings now.

Oh well, I guess I'll stick in a cheap sound card and move forward.