Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Netherworld Arcade High Scores

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    686 Post(s)
    I wish Burgertime was there back in July.....

And who is that RJM character? Must be some random drunk

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2299 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMacauley View Post
    I wish Burgertime was there back in July.....

And who is that RJM character? Must be some random drunk
    You'll have to come back, don't suppose you're any chance in November? Gonna be score setting on other games apart from Kong I believe. Wouldn't worry either way, apparently Burger Time is a favorite game of Jimmy's, so pretty sure it will be there for a while.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    686 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    You'll have to come back, don't suppose you're any chance in November? Gonna be score setting on other games apart from Kong I believe. Wouldn't worry either way, apparently Burger Time is a favorite game of Jimmy's, so pretty sure it will be there for a while.
    Very tempting but it's the same weekend as the Melbourne Matchplay comp. I'm not sure if I'm going to that yet either

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2299 Post(s)
    Frogger 104,390

frogger104390_99310.jpg

Finally rolled the score tonight. Rolled on the 5th frog of board 26, which took me from 99,310 back to 310. Nearly brain farted at the start of board 26 (easy board) before rolling the score out of pure nerves.

Last life lost trying for the first frog home on board 28 - silly mistake, and I was probably still a bit shaky from rolling the game for the first time

As with lots of games, the high score shows as 99,310, but the high score table which I should have taken a picture of, only lists my scores as 4,390.

Game time at a guess was 35-40 minutes, so pace is anywhere between 5-6 hours for a 1,000,000 game - I know I'm a long way off that, but it's interesting that my pace isn't nearly as slow as I thought it was compared to Pat Laffaye who score 1,029,990 in just a touch under 5 hours.

This score, if played on an original board would put me in 10th place on the Twin Galaxies scoreboard, and there are some really big name arcade players in that list, including Dwayne Richards on 98k.

@zanderzone Did you say you have an original board for this? And is there a possibility it will be in the machine for the Kong Off event? I'd love to try to 100k again, and if he is around, would be cool if Richard had a shot too - get some Aussies in the top 10 on an iconic game.
    Last edited by John73; 3rd October 2017 at 07:56 PM.

State
    nsw
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Awesome score .. well done.

State
    Jamboree Heights, Brisbane
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Quoted
    297 Post(s)

Netherworld Arcade High Scores

Frogger 104,390

frogger104390_99310.jpg

@zanderzone Did you say you have an original board for this? And is there a possibility it will be in the machine for the Kong Off event? I'd love to try to 100k again, and if he is around, would be cool if Richard had a shot too - get some Aussies in the top 10 on an iconic game.
    Yes and yes
    Original boards will be in
    Space Invaders
    Frogger
    Moon Patrol
    Pacman
    Galaga
    Donkey Kong
    Etc.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade
    Wanted -

Williams Blackout Pinball, Moon Patrol Bootleg board and Gottlieb Mad Planets Arcade board set

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Finally made it to Netherworld yesterday. Working all around around Aus this month (on tour as audio engineer) and stoked we had a day off in Bris. Wish Defender or Asteroids were still there, but happy to eventually get a good run on Moon Patrol.

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot_20180423-070248.jpg

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Thanks to @John73 and @Mameshane for giving me a target. I used to think 50k was a good score up till Netherworld thread

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2299 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam J View Post
    Finally made it to Netherworld yesterday. Working all around around Aus this month (on tour as audio engineer) and stoked we had a day off in Bris. Wish Defender or Asteroids were still there, but happy to eventually get a good run on Moon Patrol.

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot_20180423-070248.jpg
    Congratulations. That is the last high score I had on the chalkboard gone I think

MP is a fantastic game, would love to own a dedicated machine like the one in Netherworld.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Congratulations. That is the last high score I had on the chalkboard gone I think

MP is a fantastic game, would love to own a dedicated machine like the one in Netherworld.
    Thanks John.
    Im sure you'll have topped it by the time Im back in town.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information