Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Netherworld Arcade High Scores

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Quoted
    514 Post(s)

You can practice on MAME, just use the P2 controller for the right joystick.
    I'm not sure how long it will be there for but I'm only 10 mins away so shoot me a pm next time you're heading down.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
    You can practice on MAME, just use the P2 controller for the right joystick.
    I'm not sure how long it will be there for but I'm only 10 mins away so shoot me a pm next time you're heading down.
    Yep, will do. Pretty sure I'm meeting up with another AA'er there in about 2 weeks time, probably on the Saturday. I'll PM you when I know.

If I had two joysticks setup, I'd give it a go on mame. I'm a keyboard player, and I don't think my brain could get around using eight keys with two hands at the one time

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    One minor problem I've found at Netherworld - if I get a shit start like I did on DK the other day, dying on 1-1 - I need to remind myself I'm not playing on MAME and to not just ditch my last 2 lives and start over, I just put $1 into this sucker

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    image.jpg

DK 183,500

Went in again today to sort a few little things out (announcement soonish we hope) and stayed for more fries and more games.

Got to catch up with @WOKA & @zanderzone who I haven't seen in ages which was good. Also met @Mameshane who was there for the first time, he is the S.S. scores in the screenshot. I left before him, so chances are he clobbered this score because he is way better than me, but I thought I'd post it for historical relevance Also met another member, Hugh (sorry can't remember your screen name).

Might just have to go back in tomorrow. Without jinxing myself, I'm finding the 3+ elevators a bit easier on a real machine.

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Quoted
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    image.jpg

DK 183,500

Went in again today to sort a few little things out (announcement soonish we hope) and stayed for more fries and more games.

Got to catch up with @WOKA & @zanderzone who I haven't seen in ages which was good. Also met @Mameshane who was there for the first time, he is the S.S. scores in the screenshot. I left before him, so chances are he clobbered this score because he is way better than me, but I thought I'd post it for historical relevance Also met another member, Hugh (sorry can't remember your screen name).

Might just have to go back in tomorrow. Without jinxing myself, I'm finding the 3+ elevators a bit easier on a real machine.
    Updated...

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
    Updated...
    I'm hoping Shane get's on AA tonight and posts a pic of his score. He was having a few issues since he hadn't played with this type of joystick, but it if he got a game going he should have easily beaten this.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    Frogger 39,740

frogger39740.jpg

Sorry about the pic, only had my crappy old Samsung phone and the camera is doing something wacky. This frogger is haunted when you hit about 35k, I'm convinced of it.

Completely jinxed myself on DK, 118k first life and then 4 deaths on the bloody elevators to finish with 118,900 I get one death on the elevators and it just plays on my mind and I keep dying. Gonna have to practice more.

One and one game only of Karate Champ - I have no idea what I'm doing on this any more and finished with a grand total of 200 pts

State
    Jamboree Heights, Brisbane
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Quoted
    300 Post(s)
    Defender had a high score of 78650 named AB

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
    Wanted -

Williams Blackout Pinball, Moon Patrol Bootleg board and Gottlieb Mad Planets Arcade board set

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderzone View Post
    Defender had a high score of 78650 named AB
    I messed up my initials, it was me

j/k Never played it and I don't think my brain could cope with all those buttons

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    I'm hoping Shane get's on AA tonight and posts a pic of his score. He was having a few issues since he hadn't played with this type of joystick, but it if he got a game going he should have easily beaten this.
    unfortunately i didnt end up beating your score. i only played a couple more games before i had to go. i only managed 164k (didnt bother with a picture) i will take one when i beat the top score . it was nice to finally meet you and WOKA i think it was?

hopefully i will be back up in the next couple weeks and get a PB or even a killscreen if im lucky.

im going to practice hard these next few weeks. hopefully i can get one of my original nintendo joysticks setup at home so i can get used to the height, throw, deadzone and spring of an original nintendo joystick.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information