Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ultima III

Arcade King

The only original game I have now is The Hitchikers guide to the galaxy. I have downloaded disk images for Ultima 1 2 and 3 but had trouble transferring them with ADT Pro. I may have been using the wrong RS232 cable. I'll try again soon.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Administrators
The only original game I have now is The Hitchikers guide to the galaxy. I have downloaded disk images for Ultima 1 2 and 3 but had trouble transferring them with ADT Pro. I may have been using the wrong RS232 cable. I'll try again soon.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Here's my party fellas, don't laugh :redface

IMAG1102.thumb.jpg.779b46b59adf3e1adfcf8105c60567dd.jpg

Trev let me know how you go, happy to make you a copy mate.

Ultima III is on my list of games to play on the C64. I'll get hold of/print up the manuals and books first though…

My plan is U3 on Apple, U4 on Atari and U5 on C128, not having much luck atm lol, I did get myself a ship last night but I keep getting poisoned by wyvens :realmad:

I remember it being a very addictive game.

I only had ultima IV on the master system , probably still have it somewhere.

I spent days /weeks trying to get through it and never succeeded.

I remember i couldn't get one of the 8 virtues , can't remember which one but if you somehow stuffed up you'd loose the other 7 and have to prove yourself again.

Very addictive and very cruel game.

Good luck with your quest Trav!

Ahhh, the Ultimas. My first encounter was with U4, but I'd watched a friend's sister play U2 and U3 before that. I was never organised enough at the time to get very far, just loved how huge the world seemed, how you could get totally lost. In time I found out that my copy of U4 on the Apple ][ was corrupt, and the top half of the world was just water, so it would have been difficult to get very far anyway :)

Striking out on a tangent, has anyone tried the Exile or Avernum series by Spiderweb software? The first three Exile games are a lot like the early Ultimas (most like U5, i'll admit) but richer, without being so updated as to kill the vibe. The first three Avernum games are remakes of the first three Exile games, and the last three Avernum games are closer in style to U6 - isometric view, party members always on screen, etc.

They're awesome games, and I highly recommend Exile/Avernum 1 & 3 and Avernum 4 & 6.

Edited by buttersoft

Played and finished Ultima II & III

Played but never finished U4

Never really played 5 or 6

Ultima VII: The Black Gate (Finished)

Ultima VII Part Two: Serpent Isle (Finished)

Ultima VIII: Pagan (Finished)

Ultima IX: Ascension (Finished)

Some other gems played on C64/Amiga.

Phantasie Series (Played without spellbook!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasie

Wizards Crown/The Eternal Dagger (Finished)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizard's_Crown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eternal_Dagger

Pool of Radiance & Curse of the Azure Bonds (Finished!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pool_of_Radiance_%28series%29

Legacy of the Ancients (Finished)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_of_the_Ancients

You don't get games like that anymore.

The games you had to map dungeons with graph paper!

• Administrators
Ahhh, the Ultimas. My first encounter was with U4, but I'd watched a friend's sister play U2 and U3 before that. I was never organised enough at the time to get very far, just loved how huge the world seemed, how you could get totally lost. In time I found out that my copy of U4 on the Apple ][ was corrupt, and the top half of the world was just water, so it would have been difficult to get very far anyway :)

Striking out on a tangent, has anyone tried the Exile or Avernum series by Spiderweb software? The first three Exile games are a lot like the early Ultimas (most like U5, i'll admit) but richer, without being so updated as to kill the vibe. The first three Avernum games are remakes of the first three Exile games, and the last three Avernum games are closer in style to U6 - isometric view, party members always on screen, etc.

They're awesome games, and I highly recommend Exile/Avernum 1 & 3 and Avernum 4 & 6.

I'll add them to the list. Another game I want to play is Magic Candle.

• Administrators
Hadn't heard of that one. Also, Deathlord for the C64.

And I presume we've all played Moebius/Windwalker for Apple ][?

Not here. The only exposure I had to the Apple II was at primary school which was mostly educational stuff like Pieces of Eight(which after 30+ years I'm going to complete if it kills me!), Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago etc and my mate who had an IIc in which I remember playing Karateka and Moon Patrol on the little green screen :D

Pieces of Eight interestingly enough was made by the Department of Education in QLD, its worth a go!

Played and finished U3, ultima IV learnt the hard way even though the random encounters were annoying especially when you were at high level and just wanted to get from point a to b. Dont leave the battle, your courage virtue will nose dive.

I loved getting treasure maps and leads from conversations thay would send you to a map co-ordinate to search.

Loved the ultima series, ultima underworld on the pc had me exploring for weeks..

Awesome game.

Played ultima 3,4 on apple 2

Played 5-9 and Underworld 1 and 2 on pc.

Anyone have an extra 2e for sale working or not. Let me know.