Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 30 - Game 10 ~ Qix ~ [FINISHED]

Hey..Whoa back there magrinder.

I had set myself a goal of 100K for this and now you have raised the bar.

This game is a long grind to get a good score. I took a few hours off yesterday afternoon to try and improve my score with no success.

Looks like I'll have to leave work early again today!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey..Whoa back there magrinder.

I had set myself a goal of 100K for this and now you have raised the bar.

This game is a long grind to get a good score. I took a few hours off yesterday afternoon to try and improve my score with no success.

Looks like I'll have to leave work early again today!

To be honest I think I'd rather be at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Always was one of my favourite games. Its so simple but so addictive.

Use the slower red line as much as possible! Never try to just scrape through with the minimum percentage covered on the first couple of easy levels, always try to get well over 90% covered when you finish the level for the huge bonuses. You should be able to easily beat the default 30K high score in your first level. The levels get really hard quickly, so squeeze the most amount of points out of the first couple of levels as possible, as the higher levels you'll be struggling to survive.

If this is how you feel, then yes, it will be a long grind. However, why not try something like this:

I'll get better with practice and exceed my score expectations!

Thank you for the wise words and inspiration.

1434660641_qix101378.thumb.jpg.40f1fe5109606ec90d518a514b768735.jpg

I am ready for my next lesson.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103938[/ATTACH]

karatekid.jpg.6db22f5ee087125c030edf00b5cff7b9.jpg

Always was one of my favourite games. Its so simple but so addictive.

Use the slower red line as much as possible! Never try to just scrape through with the minimum percentage covered on the first couple of easy levels, always try to get well over 90% covered when you finish the level for the huge bonuses. You should be able to easily beat the default 30K high score in your first level. The levels get really hard quickly, so squeeze the most amount of points out of the first couple of levels as possible, as the higher levels you'll be struggling to survive.

Good advice... thanks ... so how about you take some of your own advice and you post a score now ... go for it! ... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Qix must be completely random as I can't see any pattern or behaviors to manipulate.

Any comment from gamers to support or go against the above comment? ... that Qix is deadly!

That didn't take very long at all.

WR on arcade is 1.6 mil, WR on mame is 500K. What's your new goal?

My new goal is whatever you get plus one more quadrilateral or polygon of any size.

- - - Updated - - -

Qix must be completely random as I can't see any pattern or behaviors to manipulate.

Any comment from gamers to support or go against the above comment? ... that Qix is deadly!

The Qix can be manipulated into position.

Bit early for tips.

Good advice... thanks ... so how about you take some of your own advice and you post a score now ... go for it! ... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Challenge accepted (later tonight), although unfortunately I'll have to download mame and figure out how to set it up as I wont have the arcade to play right now :(

I wasn't sure if anyone could join in or if it was closed to newcomers given that it appears to be round 10 of a competition ????

From what I remember, I don't recall ever figuring out a pattern for the Qix.

Challenge accepted (later tonight), although unfortunately I'll have to download mame and figure out how to set it up as I wont have the arcade to play right now :(

I wasn't sure if anyone could join in or if it was closed to newcomers given that it appears to be round 10 of a competition ????

Everyone is always welcome ... no matter what round we are on, what colour pyjamas you wear or whether you can beat the Qix regularly or not ...

This arcade is open to all and anytime and for any game!

Great that you have taken the challenge ... good luck with the sparx!

:035:

- - - Updated - - -

Qix! ...

magrinder retakes the lead from bigredbird ... just check out how young magrinder was when he first started playing ... and in black and white days too!

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/QixPlayer_zpsixdphyq0.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Qix2_zpssq9mwxe3.png

12 days to go ... :035:

Edited by OOO

WR on arcade is 1.6 mil, WR on mame is 500K. What's your new goal?

My new goal is whatever you get plus one more quadrilateral or polygon of any size.

Your goal isn't high enough. While you may achieve it, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Set and achieve a higher goal.

As always, your words are inspiring and motivating.

I have updated my goal accordingly.

My new goal is whatever you get plus one more quadrilateral or polygon of any size in orange.

This is a short poem about Qix

That treats us poor players like Dix

I trap it behind walls that are thin

But it won't be kept in

It jumps through the walls like a Prix.

There is no question whatsoever that this game cheats far more than most games. It's a cheating cheater of a game.

This one really eats your quarters. I'm guessing many here are like me and struggling to beat their scores!

I didn't nominate this game .. and I know no one is complaining , but this is an extremely tough game for the very reason you posted above.

To do well in MGL30, or even try to win it ... you really need to put in a tremendous amount of time into this game ... the last game! ... plus unbelievable patience and experience ultimate futility ... :091:

:stirthepot: :laugh:

:confused: :072: