Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

have you used the "ultimate mpu" for your old bally

8ball

just wanted to know if you have used this new replacement mpu for your older machine and if so does it work well ,fix your problems,are you happy with it,ect,please let me know and thankyou for any feedback.:tomato

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one in my Bally Lost World 1979 and it works very well - never had a problem. I paid under $300 new from a guy who was selling them on ebay (I haven't seem him advertise them for a while now).

Previously, I spent hours fucking around with my old mpu board (but then again I'm no tech) and spend some money replacing parts and got fucken no where. I believe the Bally games have a 'free play' switch on the board too.

Way to go if your old board is bad/has major issues - worth the money with no headfucks for a long time.

Fuck, my tourettes is back again.

i think it may be the rom chip on the mpu that controls my 8 ball deluxe.i bought it from the trading post about six months ago and it was ok then when i pressed the start button to activate a game the number one target would drop down and not activate the solenoid to send the ball to the plunger..i saw a rom chip on some website that sells them for $25 im not sure if i should try this and not sure which chip to replace.:unsure

thank for that judge .im still not sure if i should buy this or at least have a go at fixing this other one it appers to have no visable damage and looks in very good condition to the other one i have in my mystic which works perferctly.:unsure

To me it doesn't really sound like a rom issue, especially if it did work and then doesn't.

Also, if the game works in attract mode, it would mean the program code is running.

I or someone on the forum would be happy to go over the CPU board for you, but I don't think it needs a set of roms just yet.

when i switch it on the mpu will do 1 flash a slight break then six more flashes then stop.thanks xygt.i may need to if i run into a wall .asume you have a nice old xy ill show u my xr sometime.

i have swaped the solenoid driver with my mystic and it still plays up.

if i do a self test on the solenoid drivers it starts going thruogh all the solenoids but when it gets to the seven bank drop targets it drops them one at a time then does a reset .it then dops the number one target again and resets the bank again then drops number two then resets instead of going to the four bank solenoid after resetiing the seven bank soleniod .other times when i do the self test on the solenoid drivers it goes thruogh them al properly and i can play a few normal games before it shits itself again.:unsure

No dramas. I sold my GT 2 years ago, but would like to see the old XR:D

Have you replaced any of the connector pins at all? Also a good place to start as well. Crappy job though, as it's fiddly and takes a lot of time, but is a must for old games.

Sounds like you have wiring/connector problems.

I concur...

Sounds like acid damage / corrosion around a connector.

Try swapping the PIA's around.

I have an Altek MPU and I use it more as a tool to isolate problems on the SS pinballs. You should check the +5V filter cap on the Solenoid driver so the Altek is supplied with "Clean" +5V power.

No dramas. I sold my GT 2 years ago, but would like to see the old XR:D

Have you replaced any of the connector pins at all? Also a good place to start as well. Crappy job though, as it's fiddly and takes a lot of time, but is a must for old games.

sold the gt what were you thinking.....:rolleyes

have not replaced them on the mpu connectors only on the solenoid driver board.but a mate did this as one was broken...

I concur...

Sounds like acid damage / corrosion around a connector.

Try swapping the PIA's around.

I have an Altek MPU and I use it more as a tool to isolate problems on the SS pinballs. You should check the +5V filter cap on the Solenoid driver so the Altek is supplied with "Clean" +5V power.

can see no acid damage the battery looks good holds 3.9 volts if i can remember rightly from yesterday.

will look for other corrosion damage..

sorry i know this is not a car thread but xygt wanted to see my car so here it is

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x293/dave289302/fairmont676767.jpg

and the motor just incase ya wanted to see that to

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x293/dave289302/67fairmont006.jpg:tomato

should i sell my old mpu for the new replacement one .what would the old one sell for??????:unsure

you should contact boxerdogforever on this forum,he had a heap of bally mpu boards that he repair's and will program it for any old bally game you want

cheers Ian :D

some top pinballs ian .i might see if i can find this guy and see if he can help me .

i noticed you wanted a strikes and spares bally i think i saw one on ebay a few weeks ago.

:tomato:tomato

my collection looks rather sad and dismal compared to your showroom ian..

it consists of genie my first pin that ive had for just over a year and mystic by bally and my 8 ball deluxe(original)which i bought in november.. i will post some pics ...

if antyone has any pinballs to show post some pictures of your pride and joy...;);)dave

hello boxerdog i've been told you may be able to help me .what do you advise .ive herd you r the guru of the mpu.:tomato

thanks ian .i am asuming that you summoned the guru boxerdog for me much appreciated thanks dave:tomato

some top pinballs ian .i might see if i can find this guy and see if he can help me .

i noticed you wanted a strikes and spares bally i think i saw one on ebay a few weeks ago.

:tomato:tomato

my collection looks rather sad and dismal compared to your showroom ian..

it consists of genie my first pin that ive had for just over a year and mystic by bally and my 8 ball deluxe(original)which i bought in november.. i will post some pics ...

if antyone has any pinballs to show post some pictures of your pride and joy...;);)dave

hello boxerdog i've been told you may be able to help me .what do you advise .ive herd you r the guru of the mpu.:tomato

thanks ian .i am asuming that you summoned the guru boxerdog for me much appreciated thanks dave:tomato

not i, he must have found his own way, he helped get my Dolly Parton running again, so i would recommend him

i am sure others here can help as well

does anyone want to swap my "eight ball deluxe" for a "kiss" pinball.

hi ian noticed you had a dolly parton .and was wandering how many pairs of tits were on your machine.there are three pairs on my genie and six pairs on my eight ball deluxe and five pairs on my mystic .just wondering how many pairs are on your dolly parton ,and if anyone else out there has more on there machine(maybe playboy please let us know.i now it may seem funny but a mate of mine bought it up the other day .so how many on dolly and any others out there.:tomato

maybe i should rename this thread to "lost the plot "any ideas:unsure

ps. thats not really me in the picture on the top left.just thought i'd let you know.i dont really look that whoosy.:tomato:tomato:tomato

does anyone want to swap my "eight ball deluxe" for a "kiss" pinball.

hi ian noticed you had a dolly parton .and was wandering how many pairs of tits were on your machine.there are three pairs on my genie and six pairs on my eight ball deluxe and five pairs on my mystic .just wondering how many pairs are on your dolly parton ,and if anyone else out there has more on there machine(maybe playboy please let us know.i now it may seem funny but a mate of mine bought it up the other day .so how many on dolly and any others out there.:tomato

Dolly parton only has one pair of tits on the backglass:lol

but they would have to be the most famous set ever on a pinball machine :cool:

dolly parton only one set of jugs what were they thinking .i hope it is a big set then.took you a while to go and count one set of jugs .but thanks for that technical information,much appreciated ian .and what about those playboy machines ,anyone ,thanks dave:tomato

maybe i should rename this thread to "lost the plot "any ideas:unsure

G,day 8ball and welcome to Aussie Arcade.

We all go off topic, but you're trying to set a record here. You could include a lot of these extras in your intro thread and leave this thread to your original post about the mpu problems, etc.

Not trying to be a shit, well......, but you can start other threads and leave this one to what you were intially asking. Welcome's are in the General chat forum, pinball trivia is in the Pinball forum, etc.

Cheers,

Dan :cool:

G,day 8ball and welcome to Aussie Arcade.

We all go off topic, but you're trying to set a record here. You could include a lot of these extras in your intro thread and leave this thread to your original post about the mpu problems, etc.

Not trying to be a shit, well......, but you can start other threads and leave this one to what you were intially asking. Welcome's are in the General chat forum, pinball trivia is in the Pinball forum, etc.

Cheers,

Dan :cool:

is that a picture of dudley doright next to your name or am i mistaken.

i appreciate your input dudley i mean dan and i like your machines they look fantastic.we will try and get back on track shortly,but in the meantime how many jugs do your machines have and how is your mpu running.:tomato