Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

[wtd][newcastle][southpark pinny]

Gday,

Throwing it out there to see if anyone around newy has a SouthPark pinny they wanted to let go ? Probably not a very popular game but I've always liked the tv show so I get a laugh out of the theme.

Any/Average condition is OK for me, I probably could not afford a mint one.

Cheers,

Snip.

I have one at Coast Hotel at Budgewoi

Colour dmd. Very nice condition. Full cliffy set

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99384[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99385[/ATTACH]

Will be bringing it to Stag and Hunter hotel in the next week or so if you can't get down there

PM Sent

This machine wasn't up for sale was more of a come down and play it post, which I will do when it's up in newy area if I can't find my own. Thanks for letting me know Luke, should help me get my fix.

Still looking.

Cheers,

Snip.

Edited by snippy

Looks like this is not going to be anywhere near as easy as I thought. Dont know why i thought it would be though.

Been reading more and more about 'shortages' of machines and value of pinballs going up and up - the other day had someone notify me than the prices have gone up 40% in the last 18 months.

I suppose what I don't really get is that I think I saw a ghost busters new in box is around $8750 and dealers want 6k+ for a 99 Sega Southpark ? wtf.

I suppose what I don't really get is that I think I saw a ghost busters new in box is around $8750 and dealers want 6k+ for a 99 Sega Southpark ? wtf.

what is it you dont understand about why a sourced and rebuilt example of a nearly 20 year old machine thats no longer made isnt comparable to a current mass produced unit? happy to explain it but im not sure why you think it would be?

Sourced and rebuilt ? give me a break.

Wanna buy my T2 for 8k ? it's even older than a southpark. Oh hang on, just let me put some LED's in it and call it rebuilt. Make that 12k.

I wasn't referring to Luke above btw.

Sourced and rebuilt ? give me a break.

Wanna buy my T2 for 8k ? it's even older than a southpark. Oh hang on, just let me put some LED's in it and call it rebuilt. Make that 12k.

I wasn't referring to Luke above btw.

was happy to explain it but given your tone you can be on your way .. nothing further

What seems to drive the price up is when you start asking for a particular machine. Sad to say.

Yeah that's fair play I guess, I thought i'd set my sights on what was a relatively cheap pinny 3 or 4 years ago but i hadn't done sufficient research recently. I'm just having a sook - all good. Might have to order that ol' LED kit for my T2 and get out the Novus, should add 3k value in 4 hours.

I have one at Coast Hotel at Budgewoi

Colour dmd. Very nice condition. Full cliffy set

Will be bringing it to Stag and Hunter hotel in the next week or so if you can't get down there

Hey mate have you moved this to the stag and hunter?

Cheers,

Snip

Hey kayaking,

Yeah I reckon you'd either love or hate it. I've only ever played one at an airport for a while and it kept me entertained for half an hour, would of been 10 years ago too.

I'm not in a financial position to drop a fortune on a pinny and I like SouthPark the tv show, would probably be my favourite cartoon ever - although a rick and morty pinny would be cool as hell.

I'm not having a heap of luck with it - one may turn up soon.

Cheers,

Snip.

PS anyone out there watching this I'm thinking around 4K depending on condition. Have bought and sold from people on here before who'd vouch for me being easy to deal with and not a time waster, cash ready.

Hey kayaking,

Yeah I reckon you'd either love or hate it. I've only ever played one at an airport for a while and it kept me entertained for half an hour, would of been 10 years ago too.

I'm not in a financial position to drop a fortune on a pinny and I like SouthPark the tv show, would probably be my favourite cartoon ever - although a rick and morty pinny would be cool as hell.

I'm not having a heap of luck with it - one may turn up soon.

Cheers,

Snip.

PS anyone out there watching this I'm thinking around 4K depending on condition. Have bought and sold from people on here before who'd vouch for me being easy to deal with and not a time waster, cash ready.

Heya, it took me a while to source one. It's not the greatest playing game, but the title keeps it popular. There will be a drought, then you will see a few for sale. I think your $4k price range is on the money for that game.

Hey mate have you moved this to the stag and hunter?

Cheers,

Snip

No. Got offered $5500 and took it. But the new owner is operating it at the Croatia Club in Newcastle. As I dropped it off there for him the other day

No. Got offered $5500 and took it. But the new owner is operating it at the Croatia Club in Newcastle. As I dropped it off there for him the other day

Gday Luke,

OK thanks mate I might head down there sometime soon for a game or two and check it out.

Cheers,

Snip.

Just an update on this for anyone interested, generally speaking any ad on Gumtree for any person selling more than 1 pinball I've messaged and asked if they have a southpark for sale - and also a few people on here.

The market seems all over the place for this machine.

Some dealers say it's super rare, others say it's easy to come across - some people like it, a lot of people don't like it at all - prices have varied a lot from high 3k to 5.5k. Capital pinball have one for sale at present but in my opinion the fellow sounded like a used car salesman ensuring he let me know that pinballs have gone up 40% at least in the last 18 months and so on - he was chasing around the 5.5-6k range, he was also quick to tell me that the prices on his website were all wrong (on the website the southpark was 4.5k if i recall correctly). When I told him I wouldn't pay that much I could tell in his voice he was not going to even send photos, and sure enough he didn't. Nothing against him or his business, I expect he's very successful selling to people who are not interested in researching.

At this stage to get one landed from USA it's looking to be around the 4k mark + significant risk, I would of already bought one if the risk factor didn't worry me. This includes 10% GST + shipping fees, and sending money to someone a long way away for a private sale with no real way to know if i'm being rorted or not.

Snip.

Just an update on this for anyone interested, generally speaking any ad on Gumtree for any person selling more than 1 pinball I've messaged and asked if they have a southpark for sale - and also a few people on here.

The market seems all over the place for this machine.

Some dealers say it's super rare, others say it's easy to come across - some people like it, a lot of people don't like it at all - prices have varied a lot from high 3k to 5.5k. Capital pinball have one for sale at present but in my opinion the fellow sounded like a used car salesman ensuring he let me know that pinballs have gone up 40% at least in the last 18 months and so on - he was chasing around the 5.5-6k range, he was also quick to tell me that the prices on his website were all wrong (on the website the southpark was 4.5k if i recall correctly). When I told him I wouldn't pay that much I could tell in his voice he was not going to even send photos, and sure enough he didn't. Nothing against him or his business, I expect he's very successful selling to people who are not interested in researching.

At this stage to get one landed from USA it's looking to be around the 4k mark + significant risk, I would of already bought one if the risk factor didn't worry me. This includes 10% GST + shipping fees, and sending money to someone a long way away for a private sale with no real way to know if i'm being rorted or not.

Snip.

You dodged a bullet with that one. I've played that South Park and it is a total junker.

Well im cautiously optimistic but I may of found a machine - it's in Perth so I'm researching couriers.

Does anyone know a company that would help or at least provide wrapping/packaging at all?

I expect from Perth it goes road to rail in WA, rails over to Melbourne, then road to Sydney, then Sydney up to Newy by road. That's a lot of "pick up and put down with a forklift" so insurance and good packaging will be fairly important.

Personally the idea of road trip for a pinny is a great one, but not to Perth!

Snip.

Well im cautiously optimistic but I may of found a machine - it's in Perth so I'm researching couriers.

Does anyone know a company that would help or at least provide wrapping/packaging at all?

I expect from Perth it goes road to rail in WA, rails over to Melbourne, then road to Sydney, then Sydney up to Newy by road. That's a lot of "pick up and put down with a forklift" so insurance and good packaging will be fairly important.

Personally the idea of road trip for a pinny is a great one, but not to Perth!

Snip.

I believe Kids Just Wanna Have Fun (AA Sponsor), who are based in Perth, have helped out people in the past in regards to pickup and packaging - @snapperjoe

And as ybrock indicated @prowler has mentioned recently about the possibility of a Perth trip in which case it'd be door to door and might save your concern regarding any forklift accidents.