Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade 80s

BIG Trev

What's the story with John from Arcade 80s?

I just asked about some boards he has for sale and pretty much got called an idiot?

Apparently he doesn't deal with anyone on that idiotic Aussie Arcade forum? It's company policy?

I don't understand? What have I done wrong?

I've got to add this is not our John from John's Arcade he's a top bloke.

Cheers Trev

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a few guys on here who deal with him, you can always go through them if you desperately need something. However, most on here just don't deal with him at all, for a large number of reasons.

He regularly monitors this forum and when people post wanted ads for things, he posts the thing they want up on Gumtree, just to taunt them. When the discussion on here shows that he has posted an ad and people begin to laugh about he, he has actually edited Gumtree ads to bag out Aussie Arcaders who comment on him posting stuff. It's ridiculous.

He'll be reading this thread, guaranteed.

Hi Doug,

I was just chasing an original gyruss and any original Wonderboy boards from his $15 each untested stash. I have bootleg boards so they'll have to do for now. I'd like to put together a couple of cocktail cabs with Gyruss for myself and Wonderboy boards and a jamma switcher for my wife. There's no rush.

Trev.

We really Should be thanking John P as he is one of the main reasons we are all here today on this forum @BIG Trev if you need any boards post here you will more then likely find them cheaper and more friendly service :)

Ill not go into it but there is history there

He has a right to run his business as he sees fit, I have no issue with that. I just don't like being labeled without the person even knowing me based on the actions of others. I always try to get to know people before I decide about their character and would still do that with John if we ever met in person.

he was never going to sell you an original wonderboy for $15 trev .. thats just silly. you got baited.

I will keep any eye out for any that come up also but its a $250+ board here

Thanks Doug,

One can only hope. I can't really afford anything else at the moment and It doesn't hurt to ask.

I'll just have a play with the boards I have for now.

Cheers Trev

What's the story with John from Arcade 80s?

I just asked about some boards he has for sale and pretty much got called an idiot?

Apparently he doesn't deal with anyone on that idiotic Aussie Arcade forum? It's company policy?

I don't understand? What have I done wrong?

I've got to add this is not our John from John's Arcade he's a top bloke.

Cheers Trev

What a weird fellow

A sale is a sale,

• Super Moderator

You dodged a bullet there Trev, you really did.

Why he who claims to have the biggest stash of Arcade PCB's and is a tech above and beyond would sell 'untested' boards is a bit of a mystery really. Oh, actually I do know why - because they have been tested and they are fully ROOTED..!

• Administrators
Oh well I've done nothing wrong. I thought it was strange that he said yes I have the boards and no you can't have them. I thought he must be on here as he knew I was. I can live without the boards I won't loose sleep over it.

Cheers Trev

Aww if you're really special to him he'll make an account under your username on his forum and post as you and if your really really lucky he'll use your full name and address on a variety of websites.

I'm always very grateful to him because if it wasn't for his shenanigans AA wouldn't even exist and that's a fact.

I thought to myself just now - I wonder if he as a website? Sure enough it comes up in google, only I'm at work, and the net filter doesn't let you get to a lot of gaming-related sites, social media, etc. However, in this case the site falls under a different category :)

0NLwCwU.png.0b24fb4226d34b2853618446c88fdb99.png

Edited by buttersoft