Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

ArcadeVGA 5000 + Nanao Arcade Monitor + MAME 0.172 + AVRes 1.81 Help Please

Hi, This should be a very basic step but I can't get past it. I want to run AVRes to set up my resolutions but when I try to run it I get Error 4C : Path Not Found. There is only one path defined and that it is the mame executable which you search, click and it populates the MAME path and MAME exe fields. The fields show the correct path and filename. I also have the AVRes executable and INI file in the MAME directory. It all should be okay but i cannot find any logical reason why I should get this error. Help Please !!

Ok, it's been a while since I installed an AVGA system, but from memory, the resolutions for the card just appear after you have installed the drivers. I never remember a step to install resolutions, all I ever did was get the card setup and the drivers installed. Then I wold have all of the resolutions listed in the Galaga style AVGA icon in the system tray. Right click on that, set the resolution that you want.

When it comes to running MAME, just use GroovyMAME and it will auto select the best res for each game that the AVGA can handle. No need for .ini files of any kind.

Trust me on this one, GroovyMAME is the bees knees for AVGA as well as CRT_EMU setups. I have GroovyMAME running on one older AVGA setup and it works flawlessly.